5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 1:03 PM by Don Kim

Create, audit directory

Sae Park

I work in BSA 8.5

I need to create a directory, say /blah/blah with specific ownership and permission set across multiple servers.

Once the directory is created, I need on going audit of specified directory to ensure the directory is still there and neither ownership or permission changes.

What would be the best way to go about it?

I initially thought about component with auto remediation, but I'm not having much luck.

Please keep in mind, I'm still fairly new to BL, so a lot of times, I don't know what I'm doing.

Some step by steps would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Create, audit directory
          Rajeev Gupta

If you have the templates created, assign tot he group/servers you want to assign to by 'adding permissions'.

You can fetch the details by blcli showPermissions to check if the template/ACL's remain same.

• 2. Re: Create, audit directory
            Bill Robinson

there's a few different ways to do it...

you could do a simple nsh job that would create the dir and set the perms, then a compliance job to check on it.  or an audit job that compares to a system that's setup correctly and then you do a 'sync w/ master' to fix up any targets that deviate.

• 3. Re: Create, audit directory
              Sae Park

Thanks for the inputs.

I tried to create a component, but wasn't working out for me, so I ended up deleting it.

Do I have to create a directory first before I can setup an audit job?

Is there any way I can audit create the directory if it's not there?

I'm just wondering if there's any way I can create 1 thing and use it to deploy & audit.

• 4. Re: Create, audit directory
                Bill Robinson

On one server create the directory how you want.

Live browse to the dir on the server via bsa.  right click on it and choose ‘audit’.  Choose the attributes you want to audit.  In the target server list, add the other servers it should be on and run the audit.  Review the differences and then do ‘sync to master’ as appropriate.

• 5. Re: Create, audit directory
                  Don Kim

Create the directory you want with the permissions on a server managed by BSA. Live browse to the directory and right click. You should see both "add to depot" (deploy) and "audit" options and create jobs from there.

Edit: Bill is quick on the draw.