1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2017 5:31 AM by Lisa Singh

Rule Based Email - Validate Vendors?

Lisa Singh
      Share This:

With RBE, since validation is done on email address, how can I validate Vendors' responses so those responses will update tickets?

There doesn't seem to be an option to remove "validate sender" - it's greyed out, and removing the value from the xml doesn't work, it just ends up back again.

I can make the from qualification from a specific domain but as we don't which of the vendor support staff is going to email, but it won't validated.

Is there anyway to disable verification just one specific rule?

• 1. Re: Rule Based Email - Validate Vendors?
          Lisa Singh

You don't need to do this anymore, now that there is a "Trusted Email Address" option in Remedy.

Okay I did find a way to get rid of the sender validation despite it being greyed out, from the Rule Configuration --- there's probably an easier why but I can't find it...from what I can see, RBE ignores the AR+System+Email+Mailbox+Configuration security settings...

1. use the form/qualification -  RBE:Configuration/Default+Administrator+View/?qual='7'="Active
          2. make toggle "to Inactive" - refresh the result list to save (it will appear to be active still, but it isn't)
          3. Use - RBE%3AAction/Default+Administrator+View/?qual='7'="InActive"
          4. Edit the Action Parameter to remove the "Validate Sender" in between <auth></auth>
          5. Go to the RBE:Configuration fprm and use RBE:Configuration/Default+Administrator+View/?qual='7'="Inactive" to find the rule.
          6. Toggle it to active, refresh the result list so it prompts you to save
          7. Go to the RBE:Console and find that Use Case / Rule Configuration
          8. Click the gear icon to display the developer field and check the Action Params - the <auth></auth> should be blank.

You can send from from people that don't have people records now, if you must.

1 of 1 people found this helpful