1. is it possible to share ... debug agent log of that server where job hungs : transactions logs, rscd.log. Checkout Docs how to enable debug logs.
2. is it possible to share ..appserver log in debug mode of only this operation ...
(hints for step 2 :- Appserver Enable debug logging :-
3. Enable Remediation debug logging :-
4. Diagnostic to check :- this step may not give any helpful input...
5. Finally, if you are not sure of above steps... checkout Generating data for support
From above :- 1. transactions logs of rscd where job hungs 2. rscd.logs 3. appserver.log will help to pinpoint issue.
Do you use repeaters for the deploy ? If yes it might be worth changing to stage direct and see if that works.
i'd make sure your requests are making it through the proxy. then do you see any of the payloads show up in the appserver tmp dir or the payload location? also, check the database while this is going on - maybe get some awr/addm reports covering when the remediation/download job is running.?
The issue was with the 18.104.22.168 version of BladeLogic and the .jar files. We needed to replace the BMC provided .jar files on all UI and app servers and make sure the certificates on the app servers were the latest.