10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 10:52 AM by Bill Robinson

NSHScript job and file upload with webservices

Narahari 'n' Savitha

Happy 2015 to you all.

My question involves NSHScriptJob and file upload with web services.

I have a NSHScriptJob which takes about 24 parameters. (don’t ask why)

It works well when exercised inside of the BLA console.

I am trying to expose that thru a Jenkins interface.  Not all the parameters changes but for 2 or 3 at the most.

I plan to take those 3 changeable params from the Jenkins interface and then make a WS call to the already existing NSHScriptJob and then it works on the rest.

For that to work, I will have to reconstruct all the 24 params in a loop.

Due to the reason I am getting the NPE for the following call “NSHScript getNSHParams”, I have to depend on the NSHScript namespace to get the Script params and determine the order from there.

What I was looking for is to construct a file with the 24 params on the Webservices client side that looks like

Once the file is constructed, I want to be able to send that to this NSHScriptJob which will then call the NSHScript.

Inside the NSHScript I will do something like

if [ -f “$PARAMS_FILE” ];

echo “I have a file with the parameters defined, so let us instantiate that”

chmod 755 $PARAMS_FILE

. $PARAMS_FILE

echo “Props file instantiated, all props should be now env variables”

echo “First param is not a file, so expect the other params to be set explicitly”

# Rest of the script continues here.

What is the process of uploading a file for one of the jobs I have built ?