also, what specifically is changing related to the bladelogic environment? hostnames, domain, ip? and of what? appserver, file server, db, etc ?
The change are related to bladelogic environment(DB,App,File servers,PXE and BBDSA).
Ok, so what is changing specifically ?
Want to change the IP adress of all Bladelogic servers
ok, so assuming you are using DNS everywhere, then you shouldn't have to change anything in bsa. just stop all the services, change the ips, update dns and start everything.
if you have the ips of the appservers in the exports file on your targets then that of course would need to change.
I have logged support ticket.
Applied the below solution which BMC support has provided.
Please refer bellowing per your questions.
- check "default" fileserver configured in BSA:
a- run blasadmin utility,
b- then run "show fileserver all" to check if FQDN or IP address configured.
- check consistency of depot object records in database, as those records contains the path to the fileserver and location:
- run script "file_server_check_<database type>.sql" in database client against BSA database.
a- the result returned contains all fileservers & locatons recorded in database.
b- detail refer doc : https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/bsa85/Checking+file+server+references
c- if results returns contains IP address, or FQDN different from prefered, please following bellowing steps to consolidate to one, if not, please ignore.
- ensure there is only one fileserver & location configured as the "default" fileserver
a- if multi-fileserver&location returned from the script, and want to use the existing fileserver in result returend from the script, please run script "file_server_change_<db type>_system_property.sql "
b- if using a new fileserver & location not existed in reulst of the script, please run blasadmin utility set filesrver name & location command
c- detail refer doc : https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/bsa85/Consolidating+multiple+file+servers
- update database records reference to current "default" fileserver & location,
a- run script "file_server_change_<db type>.sql" with parameters to update database records
2- Summary for BSA
- the check point listed is only focus on the IP address part.
- there are doc for moving or duplicating BSA environment , as BSA IP changing is subset of the overall moving or duplicating process, this doc could be used for reference,
1- For BDSSA configuration, as there are very complex configurations between components( such as Cognos, Database, Sites, Portal, Gateway etc ) , could you detail the IP changing for BDSSA part, so we can check specific configuration ?
a- BDSSA Database host IP/FQDN changed or not?
if yes, please refer doc for checking & configuration
b- BDSSA server host IP/FQDN changed or not ?
c- BSA Sites for BDSSA IP/FQDN changed or not?
if yes, refer bellowing doc for configuration
2- Summary for BDSSA]
- there are also doc for moving BDSSA and database for BDSSA, which could be used for reference of configuration, if IP/or FQDN changed