1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 27, 2014 2:48 PM by Naren S

Permission denied error while installing compliance content in BSA 8.5

Naren S

I am getting the below error while installing compliance content in my linux BSA 8.5 appserver,

ERROR: blcli_execute ContentImportExport importTemplates l /opt/bmc/content/ContentInstalltmp/cis/CIS.zip /CIS Compliance Content/CIS/CIS - Windows Server 2008, /CIS Compliance Content/CIS/CIS - Windows Server 2012, /CIS Compliance Content/CIS/CIS - Windows Server 2003 for Domain Controllers, /CIS Compliance Content/CIS/CIS - Windows Server 2003 for Member Servers, /CIS Compliance Content/CIS/CIS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, /CIS Compliance Content/CIS/CIS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 returned error code.  Result is:

Root Cause: JNI file copy from '/opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/application_server/imported_content_c98c9dbf-afd5-413c-8e34-048ba4246997/grammars/complianceini' to '//blfs/bladelogic/storage/grammars/complianceini_820f4c28-cbae-47b1-9cd4-f9617893e1b4' failed: : Permission denied

I am installing the content from root account, and I have also updated the users.local file of the file server with "root rw,map=root" entry for proper privileges. File Server storage //blfs/bladelogic/storage is a NAS share mounted directly on the appserver.

Can someone help where I am going wrong???

• 1. Re: Permission denied error while installing compliance content in BSA 8.5
          Naren S

Though, I added root ACL in the file server users.local file which would grant the OS root account to install/store the contents in the file server, I am missing a key thing here, i.e.., blcli to import the templates uses the credential (BLAdmin) which i provided in the response file, and this ACL should be present in the file server agent.

So, I made a ACL entry BLAdmins:* rw,map=root in the users.local file of the file server along with root rw,map=root. And, this fixed the issue, and I was able to successfully install the compliance contents.