5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 3:42 AM by Atul Matkar

VGJ deploy error

Hi,

During performing VGJ Deploy Job I've received such error:

COserver - Task completed with an error. The attempted operation cannot be performed in the current state (Powered off).

And of course job failed.

Have you received similar error? How to manage with this?

Please point me into right direction.

• 1. Re: VGJ deploy error
          Deepak Pawar

There are several operations in a VGJ deploy job, that require the VM to be in a 'Powered On' state. What kind of VGJ Deploy job were you running? (e.g. add disk / modify disk needs the VM to be ON).

Also, try running the same job in a VM powered on state.

• 2. Re: VGJ deploy error
            Geeta Gokhale

From the error, its trying to power off or suspend a VM which is already in powered off state.

Can you please send bldeploy-xxxx.log and blcoserver-xxxx.log for the latest run?

Also let us know the BSA version and VMware VC version.

• 3. Re: VGJ deploy error
              Atul Matkar

Error returned from plug-in ; Plug-in: /DAALDaemonAdapter ; Plug-in function: blAsset_PutAll ; Plug-in asset: BMC_VMware_VirtualMachineTemplate:xxxxxx.preprod.lab.com:/Templates/RHEL63_GLB_86P1 ; Plug-in error code: 800 ; Plug-in error message: Failed to power off the VM before initialing VM rollback.Task completed with an error. The attempted operation cannot be performed in the current state (Powered off). ; Plug-in detail message: Exception occurred in plugin: com.bladelogic.om.infra.daal.jco.CustomObjectException: Failed to power off the VM before initialing VM rollback.Task completed with an error. The attempted operation cannot be performed in the current state (Powered off). (Time in agent's deploy log:: 05/14/2015 12:02:29)

i still this error, is it resolve for anybody ? If i use same template to provision from VC it works fine. But from BSA 8.6P1 i see this error

• 4. Re: VGJ deploy error
                Bill Robinson

"Can you please send bldeploy-xxxx.log and blcoserver-xxxx.log for the latest run?

Also let us know the BSA version and VMware VC version."

• 5. Re: VGJ deploy error
                  Atul Matkar

vmware tools update on template server resolved my issue