do you see any permissions on the object in the gui ?
you'll probably need to do stuff in the db to fix it..
I don't see any permissions in the GUI, but there were also none on the other jobs and I could fix those.
I have a ticket open, but I thought that it wasn't possible to get into this state any more - last time I had this problem was on 8.0!
I'm in the exact same situation, on BSA 8.5.00.451.
Did you find any way to restore the missing permissions? Did support help?
Thanks in advance,
EDIT: lol, I've just noticed the question was asked by you Paul! ok, so not only same problem. It's also the very same environment I guess . Still my question stands.
Getting the same issue here on BSA 8.5.01.304, which is SP1 Patch5. What's up with that? Is there a remediation we can use to fix this?
I have opened issue ISS04477180 hoping to get a resolution from support.
this should be fixed in 8.6 due to how permissions are handled on the hidden objects in 8.6. i don't believe a fix was planned for 8.5
So basically you're saying until we upgrade to 8.6, the only way to resolve this would be to delete the existing job and create a new one? There's no sql script we could run in 8.5 to remediate this under the covers without a full upgrade?
Making a new job was easier than doing the sql.. i think it wasn’t just the acl on the hidden job that needed to be updated.
That doesn't sound like a "Entreprise grade" answer to me...
What If we have hundreds of these jobs?
What if these jobs are each members of several batch jobs, which are Install Batch Jobs of ACTs, that are published in CLM...
Don't want to recreate that manually each time.
Also I don't want to loose my job history... (all my job execution).
SO, for me yes, SQL is the way I'd go.
Also, my wonder is : if 8.5 is still supported, why is there no backport of that fix from 8.6 to 8.5 ?? I mean, as a customer I'm using a supported version, so I should receive that fix (especially given it's already developped).
Because the customer that encountered it was ok w/ creating a new job. if it’s an issue for you, open a ticket w/ support.
Well I believe I am the Customer that experienced the issue reported above by Paul SS
it's possible. you can open a ticket w/ support and request a fix and see if the solution is possible to backport to your release or if there is some workaround.
I already do have a ticket opened: ISS04477180. Owned by Joseph Schuler. I was told that defects are normally fixed in the next release only, but I would very much like to have a remediation script to help until then because we don't plan on upgrading to 8.6 for another couple of months at least.