3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2014 5:49 PM by Paul Robins

AFT accounts configuration

Share This:

Good morning

I need some help to configure aft accounts in my new AFT module. I have installed a new AFT module where my SFTP server resides, and our Sec staff has created some users(SFTP application users, not windows users) but whenever i try to include those users in the AFT accounts form it shows "invalid user name or password". I think maybe the problem is that i just put the USER NAME in the user name field(i have read in the aft manual that in transfers between remote hosts you should put , but since the users are SFTP applications users i cant fill it with domain name or something else. The real thing is, how can i use those SFTP users in my AFT accounts?

Regards

Elvin I.

• 1. Re: AFT accounts configuration
          Paul Robins

Hi Elvin,

Do you have the Local CM box ticked for the local SFTP Server?

This Local CM box indicates you need to use the local domain credentials.

If you want to access the SFTP server via the SFTP credentials then you need to untick this box and treat it like any other SFTP server. I'm not sure why you would want to do SFTP to a local server though, we always use a local domain user to pick up any files off our network.

Regards,

Paul.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AFT accounts configuration

Thanks for the help Paul.

What i want to do is to use the CM installed in our SFTP Server to transfer files to that server, and also using the crendentials defined in the SFTP application. I have unchecked the local checkbox, but now the message says" SFTP_Connect : psftp_connect failed : ssh_init: gethostbyname: unknown error".

Regards

Elvin I.

• 3. Re: AFT accounts configuration
              Paul Robins

Hi Elvin,

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

Generally if you had an SFTP Server, let's call it ServerA, and you wanted to use SFTP to transfer files to it from a source server, let's call it ServerB, it would make more sense to install the AFT CM on ServerB, reference the files on the server as LocalCM, and use SFTP to connect to the remote ServerA.

It's doesn't make sense to me to use SFTP to transfer a file on a server to itself

1 of 1 people found this helpful