I have a Red Hat 6.6 x64 server which I have configured as a KVM host

yum grouplist

Installed Groups:

System administration tools

Virtualization

Virtualization Client

Virtualization Platform

Virtualization Tools

I have enrolled the server into BSA and attempted to distribute the KVM configuration object to it, however it fails

Warning    14-Nov-2014 10:30:17    no applicable classes for target red01.vassie.local

What else to I need to do either on my KVM host on in BSA?

Thanks

(PS, I would read the docs but the site is down for maintenance)

• 2. Re: Re: Red Hat KVM Support
          Ben Vassie

Also, libvirtd is running

[root@red01 ~]# /etc/init.d/libvirtd status

libvirtd (pid  2106) is running...

• 3. Re: Red Hat KVM Support
            Bill Robinson

What happens when you run the dco job ?

• 4. Re: Re: Red Hat KVM Support
              Ben Vassie

Warning    14-Nov-2014 11:09:47    The job 'regeister-config-objects-kvm-1.0' has succeeded with warnings

Warning    14-Nov-2014 11:09:47    no applicable classes for target red01.vassie.local

• 5. Re: Re: Re: Red Hat KVM Support
                Ben Vassie

From the appserver.log

[14 Nov 2014 12:31:47,536] [WorkItem-Thread-23] [WARN] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:] [Unknown] com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.value.NullBlValueException: No value specified for Property: VIRTUALIZATION*

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.value.NullBlValueException: No value specified for Property: VIRTUALIZATION*

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.visitor.condition.evaluator.ConditionResultTreeInitializerVisitor.visit(ConditionResultTreeInitializerVisitor.java:118)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.condition.expression.PropertyConditionImpl.accept(PropertyConditionImpl.java:363)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.evaluator.ConditionEvaluator.createResultTreeAndCollectPropertiesInformation(ConditionEvaluator.java:179)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.evaluator.ConditionEvaluator.evaluate(ConditionEvaluator.java:163)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.ApplicabilityConditionEvaluator.checkApplicabilityConditions(ApplicabilityConditionEvaluator.java:53)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.server.ServerServiceImpl.getApplicableAssetClasses(ServerServiceImpl.java:1460)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.server.ServerServiceImpl$RegisterPluginTransactionalOperation.doDBOperation(ServerServiceImpl.java:1537)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.db.TransactionalOperation.manageTransaction(TransactionalOperation.java:182)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.db.TransactionalOperation.execute(TransactionalOperation.java:136)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.server.ServerServiceImpl.registerPlugin(ServerServiceImpl.java:2005)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.job.daalplugin.PluginDistributionJobWorkItemImpl.execute(PluginDistributionJobWorkItemImpl.java:313)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.workitem.WorkItem.doExecute(WorkItem.java:127)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.workitem.thread.WorkItemThread.execute(WorkItemThread.java:176)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.workitem.thread.WorkItemThread.execute(WorkItemThread.java:51)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

Caused by: com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.value.NullBlValueException: No value specified for Property: VIRTUALIZATION*

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.value.SimplePropertyReferenceBlValueImpl.evaluate(SimplePropertyReferenceBlValueImpl.java:388)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.evaluator.ReferenceEvaluator.evalSimple(ReferenceEvaluator.java:196)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.evaluator.ReferenceEvaluator.evaluateRecursively(ReferenceEvaluator.java:172)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.evaluator.ReferenceEvaluator.evaluate(ReferenceEvaluator.java:106)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.visitor.condition.evaluator.ConditionResultTreeInitializerVisitor.visit(ConditionResultTreeInitializerVisitor.java:115)

... 14 more

I thought the agent should work out that the host is a KVM host, then I push my configuration objects.

• 6. Re: Red Hat KVM Support
                  Bill Robinson

You are pushing the KVM object or the RHEV ?

What’s in the rscd.log on the target when you run the dco ?  maybe put the agent log in debug and re-run ?

• 7. Re: Re: Re: Red Hat KVM Support
                    Ben Vassie

Yes, definitely the KVM object, I've put the RSCD log in debug mode but nothing gets written to the log when I push the config object

• 8. Re: Red Hat KVM Support
                      Bill Robinson

The box is being identified correctly as rhel?  Which version ?

• 9. Re: Red Hat KVM Support
                        Ben Vassie

Ah, my bad, the kvm module wasn't loaded

[root@red01 ~]# lsmod | grep kvm

kvm_intel              55496  0

kvm                   337772  1 kvm_intel

All working now