2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 9:14 PM by Randall Thomson

What is the result of Invoking a Template in a Service Request?

Randall Thomson
      Share This:

What I am assuming it does is to allow a fulfillment template already linked in the RD to be invoked if the criteria of the input prompt that invokes that template get met.  What I am unclear about is whether the fulfillment template will still run in the order specified in the fulfillment template screen.  And if criteria is not met will the template be skipped and the next template in line run instead?

• 1. Re: What is the result of Invoking a Template in a Service Request?
          Haritha Kodali

Please see the info below on this.

If you select the Invoke Template check box for an Input field on the Fulfillment tab of a Request Definition, you need to define the conditions to invoke a template.

• If you have configured an Input field to invoke a Task template when an assigned value is entered in the Input field, the Task template is executed only if the assigned value is entered. If the assigned value is not entered, the selected Task template is not executed and the remaining Task templates in the Template tab are executed in the defined execution order. For example, you have created an Input field of the Radio Button Response Type with the following values:

• Hardware
          • Software
          • Network
          • Connectivity

You have configured the Input field to invoke the Task 1 template when the user selects Hardware as the value of the Input field. If the user selects Hardware, the Task 1 template is executed. If the user selects Software, Network, or Connectivity, the Task 1 template is not executed and the remaining Task templates are executed in the defined execution order.

• 2. Re: What is the result of Invoking a Template in a Service Request?
            Randall Thomson

Thank you for the explanation, as you describe it 'invoke template' functions as I had hoped.  I was having a very hard time finding this info in the documentation.