1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 7:43 PM by Bill Robinson

blcli Job executeAndWaitForRunID - no longer working in 8.5

Mike Jones

I have already logged a support ticket for this, but I wonder if anyone else has upgraded to 8.5 and has script that uses this command that is no longer working and if they have managed to work around it?

You can replicate this problem by:

Create an advanced deploy job for a BLPackage against a single server target

Configure it to "Execute selected phases as specified below"

Configure an appropriate time for simulate, stage immidiately after simulation is complete, Commit time "not scheduled"

After the first two phases have completed - use blcli DeployJob getDBKeyByGroupAndName to reurn the DB key

The attempt to use  blcli Job executeAndWaitForRunID with the DB key

Depending on whether your advanced deploy job is configured for "reset job on failure" you will get one of the following error messages

If reset on failure false

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Execute Against not allowed on advanced deploy job if 'Reset job on failure' option is disabled.

If reset of failure true

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Execute Against not allowed on advanced deploy job if previous job run is incomplete.

Thanks

• 1. Re: blcli Job executeAndWaitForRunID - no longer working in 8.5
          Bill Robinson

There was a change for adv deploy jobs such that executeAgainst will no longer work on them unless there’s an option set. because if you do execute against a different target on a job that has run simulate and stage I think weird stuff would happen.  but this command is not ‘executeAgainst’ so it should work.  this command should be analogous to right clicking on an in-progress adv deploy and having it complete commit.  So likely a defect.