9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 2:45 AM by Artur Tkaczyk

Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing

Share This:

Hello.

I have same problem like here Re: ro-adapter-remedy-monitor only working once

I did like Aliakbar sugested in the discussion (Re: ro-adapter-remedy-monitor only working once) but the netstat gives:

0.0.0.0:6522 and [::]:6522 but nothing else.

When I try to do telnet <ip> <port> or telnet <name> <port> from remedy box I cannot get connection.

There are no firewalls (they are off).

It is on Windows 2008 servers, AO is 7.7.01 with 20.14.01.00 content.

Adapter except specifying listening port is set up by default.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Artur

• 1. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing
          Gordon McKeown

What response do you get from the Telnet? Does it just hang, do you get "Connection refused", or do you get an ICMP-related error?

If it hangs, it suggests packets are being dropped, which is typical behaviour for some types of firewall. The ICMP error (though I'm not sure you see this from telnet) is usually an indication of a firewall that is actively rejecting your connection attempt.

If you get "connection refused" it normally means that the port is closed on the target machine and so it actively refused the connection. Since the port is clearly open according to netstat, that might indicate that you're connecting to a different machine to the one you expect, or have a routing issue.

Check that you can telnet to that port locally on the AO server. If so, it really does suggest a network connectivity issue rather than something specific to AO. As I hinted in the other thread, my next step would be to tcpdump or Wireshark the connections to find out what's happening at the network level.

• 2. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing

Telnet says: Could not open connection to the host on port 6522: Connect failed

From AO box I can do telnet localy (name, ip, localhost) to port 6522

It will be hard to connect to different machine as it is only ARS in the net and its IP is specified in hosts file.

• 3. Re: Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,513 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Remedy Object Pool stats (before borrow): Remedy Server Object Pool Statistics [max-active=10][max-idle=8][min-idle=3][max-wait=0 msecs][num-active=0][num-idle=3][num-blocked=1]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,513 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Using ARServerUser - [CacheId=19135811]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,513 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Remedy Object Pool stats (after borrow): Remedy Server Object Pool Statistics [max-active=10][max-idle=8][min-idle=3][max-wait=0 msecs][num-active=1][num-idle=2][num-blocked=0]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,513 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main] De-Registering for alerts on server: ABWTP1ARS01.TNSM.LOCAL; User: AO User; Port: 6522

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,529 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Returning ARServerUser - [CacheId=19135811] to the pool

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,529 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Remedy Object Pool stats (after return to pool): Remedy Server Object Pool Statistics [max-active=10][max-idle=8][min-idle=3][max-wait=0 msecs][num-active=0][num-idle=3][num-blocked=0]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,529 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Remedy Object Pool stats (before borrow): Remedy Server Object Pool Statistics [max-active=10][max-idle=8][min-idle=3][max-wait=0 msecs][num-active=0][num-idle=3][num-blocked=1]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,529 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Using ARServerUser - [CacheId=19135811]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,529 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Remedy Object Pool stats (after borrow): Remedy Server Object Pool Statistics [max-active=10][max-idle=8][min-idle=3][max-wait=0 msecs][num-active=1][num-idle=2][num-blocked=0]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,529 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main] Registering for alerts on server: ABWTP1ARS01.TNSM.LOCAL; User: AO User; Port: 6522

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,591 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Returning ARServerUser - [CacheId=19135811] to the pool

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,591 DEBUG RemedyContext  : Thread[AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter,5,main]  Remedy Object Pool stats (after return to pool): Remedy Server Object Pool Statistics [max-active=10][max-idle=8][min-idle=3][max-wait=0 msecs][num-active=0][num-idle=3][num-blocked=0]

24 Sep 2014 12:47:02,591 DEBUG AlertRegistrar  : AlertRegistrar:arsMonitorAdapter  sleep for 900 seconds before de-registering

I found this but it is not looking that is something worng there are no errors in the log. Basically i have no idea what is wrong.

• 4. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing
                Gordon McKeown

In this case I would stick Wireshark on the Remedy box and trace the connection attempt.

• 5. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing
                  Rajeev Gupta

Did you check for the windows 2008 firewall? Add this in the exception list.

• 6. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing

Firewall on both boxes is off, and if it was firewall issue it would not connect at all.

• 7. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing
                      Aryan Anantwar

Hi Artur,

Kindly check the DateTime is in Sync of AO & Remedy systems?

Regards,

Aryan Anantwar

• 8. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing
                        Peter Lowater

If you are seeing:

Telnet says: Could not open connection to the host on port 6522: Connect failed

From AO box I can do telnet localy (name, ip, localhost) to port 6522

Then this is probably a network connectivity issue not related to AO, so either there is a firewall, a network routing/fault issue, you need to do as Gordon suggested and use wireshark to see where you are going or check with your network people

Peter..

• 9. Re: Remedy Monitor Adapter read alerts once and then do nothing

Problem was on Remedy side ARS v 8.1 (no patch or SP1) has product defect that it allows send alerts to AO just once. SP2 for ARS 8.1 solves problem.