1. Remove the Instance name;
While importing data, by default the instance ID generated for the imported CIs is appended in the Instance Name value. However, by setting the Staging_SkipInstanceIDSuffix custom setting value right, you can configure BMC Remedyforce to not append the instance ID. This custom setting is not available by default. You must create the custom setting first and then change the value.
* Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
* On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select Custom Settings. Alternatively, navigate to Setup > Develop > Custom Settings.
* In the Action column for Remedyforce Settings, click Manage.
* On the Custom Setting Remedyforce Settings page, click New.
* In the Name field, type Staging_SkipInstanceIDSuffix. Leave the Sequence Id field blank.
2. Are you doing the update on Base Element ID?
3. Are you on CMDB 1 or CMDB 2?
4. Are you using the Stagingobject, or directly into Base Element?
I created a custom setting as per your suggestion. I tried doing an update which was successful, however the name didn't change.
Do we have a workaround for this.
Is it working for new inserts?
For an update can do an extract and an upload again on id! Remove the instance id before the update. Or store the name value in an other field and have a workflowrule that works on every edit to update the instance name
Ps only use the wf rule for this update. Deactivate after your update
The suggestion that you gave worked in our Dev Instance, however its not working in our TST instance.
Even tried to writing a simple code in the Developer Console which would modify/ update a single record, this was also not working. The name and instance name are not changing at all.
It did work after including the Custom Setting "Staging_SkipInstanceIDSuffix".