5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 9:52 AM by Bill Robinson

Compliance Job failure in BBSA

Linuxsupport Team

Need help on BBSA (DISA)compliance

Job failure

Dear all,

I am new to  BBSA tool version-8.2, I am getting below errors while running DISA compliance against AIX server (Aix 5 6 and even with 7)

Error 1 for AIX servers compliance job for DISA:

com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.AssetCollectionException: Language en_US.UTF-8 not found, Please install English language, UTF-8 encoding

(component=DISA - AIX STIG (IP_Addre_of_server), selector=Extended Object:BL-LXO DISA AIX STIG GEN004120 Check)

Could some one please help to get ride of this error please ?

Error 2 For Redhat server compliance job for SOX:

com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.AssetCollectionException: Unable to copy script "bmc-findFiles" to host  No such file or directory

The file bmc-findFiles doesn't exist.

Unable to copy script "bmc-pollscript" to host : No such file or directory

The file bmc-pollscript doesn't exist.

Unable to copy script "bmc-rules" to host : No such file or directory

The file bmc-rules doesn't exist.

(component=SOX Data Security Standard - RedHat Linux (IP_Address_of_server), selector=Extended Object:BL-LXO World-Writable Directory with Sticky Bit Set)

ErrorAug 16, 2014 9:07:45 PMcom.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.AssetCollectionException: Unable to copy script "bmc-findFiles" to host 172.31.17.210: No such file or directory

Unable to copy script "bmc-pollscript" to host IP_Address_of_server: No such file or directory

Unable to copy script "bmc-rules" to host IP_Address_of_server: No such file or directory

(component=SOX Data Security Standard - RedHat Linux (IP_Address_of_server), selector=Extended Object:BL-LXO World-Writable Directory with Sticky Bit Set)

• 1. Re: Compliance Job failure in BBSA
          Monoj Padhy

Error 1 for AIX servers compliance job for DISA:

com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.AssetCollectionException: Language en_US.UTF-8 not found, Please install English language, UTF-8 encoding

try to update locale for the target server

sudo update-locale LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LANG=en_US.UTF-8

It updates /etc/default/locale with provided values.

Error 2 For Redhat server compliance job for SOX:

can you provide more detail for this.

Seems like there are some missing reference.

from the error it seems like you are copying some file which is no present in the source. Have you changed your file server location after you install compliance content. Usually when you install out box compliance module...some files were stored in your fileserver and BSA referred those when you do compliance.

changing the file server location may cause this problem as required files are missing in the new file server.

HTH

• 2. Re: Compliance Job failure in BBSA
            Linuxsupport Team

Thanks Manoj for for suggestion, looks like command "sudo update-locale LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LANG=en_US.UTF-8" is for LINUX and i am checking how i can update locales in AIX now.,,please let me know if you have any clue on this?

Regarding Error 2 :

I am not sure whether BBSA file server got changed or not. However as per my info no changes in setup since last one year. How to know which is fileserver ?

Repasting errors which is seen in log error messages:

Error Aug 16, 2014 9:07:45 PM com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.AssetCollectionException: Unable to copy script "bmc-findFiles" to host x.x.x.x: No such file or directory

Unable to copy script "bmc-pollscript" to host x.x.x.x: No such file or directory

Unable to copy script "bmc-rules" to host x.x.x.x: No such file or directory

(component=SOX Data Security Standard - RedHat Linux (x.x.x.x), selector=Extended Object:BL-LXO World-Writable Directory with Sticky Bit Set)

• 3. Re: Compliance Job failure in BBSA
              Monoj Padhy

I don't have much expertise on AIX server. below info Is from google. You may consult some AIX administrator for setting up or modifing locale details.

utf-8 locale use the following commands to set the locale before running the install script

export LC_ALL=EN_US.UTF-8

export LANG=EN_US.UTF-8

check if this locale is installed on the machine, type the following command

locale, if the output is as below, then it should work

LC_COLLATE="EN_US.UTF-8"

LC_CTYPE="EN_US.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY="EN_US.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC="EN_US.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="EN_US.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES="EN_US.UTF-8"

LC_ALL=EN_US.UTF-8

or check what is correct locale by listing all locales by using following command

locale -a

you may find http://aix4admins.blogspot.in/2011/09/locale-is-part-of-users-environment.html helpful.

to check file server I think you can use blasadmin utility or post install configuration wizard (second tab) or use infrastructure management to get file server details.

• 4. Re: Compliance Job failure in BBSA
                Raja Mohan

Error2... you may want to check the permissions to extended objects, system properties etc. It gives you misleading errors when you dont have permissions. What role are you running the job as?

Error1... either you can set the default LANG environment parameter to what you want, or you can prefix the scriptutil command with export LANG=xxxx

example: export LANG=en_us;scriptutil .....      

• 5. Re: Compliance Job failure in BBSA
                  Bill Robinson

the 'unable to copy' probably mean that you are missing files from the NSH/share/sensors directory.  do all of your appservers have the same file contents in that directory?  and are the missing files present ?