11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 6:01 AM by Monoj Padhy

Getting Unmatched Error in the Log

Hi,

When i am executing a command to create a server group i am seeing below error message in the log.

Could someone let me know when we would be seeing these kinds of errors??

Log:

//@/opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/tmp/JobServer01/scripts/job__69254ec4-3e3a-4b4d-9c98-3d5f7f800d98/script_DBKey-SJobKeyImpl-4407565-1__edce9de8-79b4-495c-9349-fc1055ad6d4d.2665014.1_Server Group.txt:13: unmatched "

Thanks,

Harish.

• 1. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log
          Monoj Padhy

Whats there in servergroup.txt ?

Generally this type of error occurs when there is some syntax error.

e.g you have open a double quote but matching end quote is missing there could be many scenario.

I will suggest to verify the data in file, if everything is proper.

• 2. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log

Thank you Blas,

What you said was correct it was a syntax error, i have fixed it now,

Here i am  trying to create a servergroup it is failing with the below errors,

Script Being Used:

PARENT_SERVER_GROUP=$1

SERVER_GROUP1=$2

echo "PARENT_SERVER_GROUP = $PARENT_SERVER_GROUP

echo "SERVER_GROUP1 = $SERVER_GROUP1

blcli_execute ServerGroup groupNameToId "${PARENT_SERVER_GROUP}"

blcli_storeenv result

# Now create new group

blcli_execute StaticServerGroup createGroupWithParentName "${SERVER_GROUP1}" "${result}"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log:

InfoAug 15, 2014 1:56:11 PMPARENT_SERVER_GROUP = /USS Server Workspace
            InfoAug 15, 2014 1:56:11 PMecho SERVER_GROUP1 = Harish
            ErrorAug 15, 2014 1:56:24 PMCommand execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Invalid qualified group name : 2097231
            ErrorAug 15, 2014 1:56:24 PM//@/opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/tmp/JobServer02/scripts/job__cd4ab903-b42c-4591-b05f-9f0b33e5f190/script_DBKey-SJobKeyImpl-4407565-1__e7898638-2855-4fe0-beb1-7df3d125a744.2665014.1_Server Group.txt:13: command not found: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            InfoAug 15, 2014 1:56:24 PM2097231
            InfoAug 15, 2014 1:56:24 PMExit Code 127

It is saying Invalid Server Group but is the only thing i have in BL

As far i know we would be having two server groups static and smart server groups in BL,

i am trying to create a static server group under existing server group and it is throwing Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Invalid qualified groupname : 2097231

but it is throwing a result, am i doing something wrong??

• 3. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log
              Monoj Padhy

blcli_execute ServerGroup groupNameToId "${PARENT_SERVER_GROUP}"

does this command executed successfully? I am not seeing any output of this in the Log. this should return an integer value.

verify if /USS Server Workspace is the fully qualified path for the parent server group.

Also there is no need of passing the o/p of ServerGroup:groupNameToId to StaticServerGroup:createGroupWithParentName

blcli_execute StaticServerGroup createGroupWithParentName "${SERVER_GROUP1}" "${result}"

createGroupWithParentName command expects name of parent group not the parent group ID.

assume We have below hierarchy.for Server.

Workspace

Linux

Windows

group1

group2

If you wish to create another server group (group3) under Windows then

blcli_execute StaticServerGroup createGroupWithParentName "group3" "/Workspace/Windows"

HTH

• 4. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log

Thank you Blas it worked fine, i see the format in the blcli help as follows

Group_ID has been passed to the command.

# Now create new group

SERVER_GROUP1_ID=`blcli StaticServerGroup createGroupWithParentName $SERVER_GROUP1 $PARENT_SERVER_GROUP_ID`

And one more thing i observed is command output is showing as failed but still the server group has created in the required location, not sure why it is happened.

ErrorAug 16, 2014 6:28:34 AM//@/opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/tmp/JobServer05/scripts/job__d2a9673e-56bd-4880-99b3-4a7f269a6292/script_DBKey-SJobKeyImpl-4407565-1__a03a448f-188c-488c-87ca-050c770df920.2665014.1_Server Group.txt:14: command not found: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                • 5. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log
                  Monoj Padhy

I would look at the Server Group.txt and if I am not wrong then there must be some thing in line number 14 causing this error.

Try identify this.

can you attach server Group.txt here ?

• 6. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log

PARENT_SERVER_GROUP=$1

SERVER_GROUP1=$2

echo "PARENT_SERVER_GROUP = $PARENT_SERVER_GROUP

echo "SERVER_GROUP1 = $SERVER_GROUP1

#blcli_execute ServerGroup groupNameToId "${PARENT_SERVER_GROUP}"

#blcli_storeenv result

# Now create new group

blcli_execute StaticServerGroup createGroupWithParentName "${SERVER_GROUP1}" "${PARENT_SERVER_GROUP}"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 7. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log
                      Monoj Padhy

If possible, attach the actual server Group.txt.

• 8. Re: Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log

Hi Blas,

Attaching the actual server group.txt file, by using this file i have created the NSH Script,

When i faced issues with commands in the script i started updating the NSH script directly without updating the ".txt" file in the local machine.

• 9. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log
                          Monoj Padhy

sry about that... I mean to say just copy the content from NSH script and then paste to a word pad editor and then attach.

I wish to check whats there in line 14 causing the issue.

• 10. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log

Hi Blas,

Just found the issue, there were some junk at the end of the NSH script i removed it now it looks good,

Thank you!!

• 11. Re: Getting Unmatched Error in the Log
                              Monoj Padhy

glad that you are able to fix this. I am also expecting presence of similar thing in the script. It must be around line no 14. In future when you get such error, generally look around the line number in the script that you find in the script error or warning.

That would be a gr8 idea to start with as a trouble shooting.