4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 12:44 AM by Monoj Padhy

Job server stuck "stopping" and can't restart

Steve Cupp

How would I restart this job server if the R-Click options offer only as seen below?

StuckJobServer_2014-07-30_17-27-50.png

Thanks for the help.

• 1. Re: Job server stuck "stopping" and can't restart
          Barry McQuillan

What option was used to shut it down?

Did you select wait until any active jobs have completed or shutdown immediately?

Check currently running jobs, if one is still running you may have to wait for it to complete or abort it.

The quickest method would be to stop/start the appserver (nodcaptbmc03 using blappserv stop or restarting the blappserv service).

The only other option if on a *nix server would be to do a stack trace and see what it is hanging on and then look at that .

Also are there any errors in the appserver log?

• 2. Re: Job server stuck "stopping" and can't restart
            Steve Cupp

Thx Barry for the great info and quick response. Yes to the method of shutting down, I chose wait until active jobs have completed. The strange thing is that Tasks in progress did not show any jobs running at all. So, I took your advice and stopped/started the appserver service and this corrected the "stuck stopping" state of the job server.

Where would I find the appserver log?

• 3. Re: Job server stuck "stopping" and can't restart
              Barry McQuillan

Appserver logs can be found in the ${NSHDIR}/br directory.

You would normally see a log for each appserver instance you have  created, so in your case I'd expect to see the following logs:

config_deployment_nodcaptbmc03.log

config_deployment_nodcaptbmc04.log

job_deployment_1_nodcaptbmc03.log

job_deployment_2_nodcaptbmc03.log

job_deployment_1_nodcaptbmc04.log

job_deployment_2_nodcaptbmc04.log

• 4. Re: Job server stuck "stopping" and can't restart
                Monoj Padhy

The strange thing is that Tasks in progress did not show any jobs running at all >>

Task in progress can be configured to show the jobs in-progress as below.

In this case if some other job is in progress executed by other user's/ Role then you may not be able to see anything in the task in progress.

1 of 1 people found this helpful