5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 11:16 AM by sridhar a.r

How to create a BLPackage with ACL's to everyone ??

sridhar a.r

Hi All,

I am using  BSA  8.2.0.158

I have the following   User named: BLAdmin  with   Roles : BLAdmins & TestAdminRole

I am creating a BLPackage under  Depot folder. When it is getting created  with  "BLAdmins"  Role its having access  as  " BLAdmins  BLPackage.* "

Now if i try to access it with   "TestAdminRole" I am unable to access it.

Querry:

1) Is there a way where i can  provide access to everyone by default when a BLPackage is getting created ??

2) If above is not possible , how can i update the ACL  to give access to the other Role say "TestAdminRole"  for BLPackage as BLPackage.*

Regards

Sridhar

Bill Robinson

can you suggest on this Please ? Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: How to create a BLPackage with ACL's to everyone ??
          Monoj Padhy

Is there a way where i can  provide access to everyone by default when a BLPackage is getting created ??

Providing access to everyone may not be recommended due to security constraints. You Bladelogic environment may have several roles and if you provide access BLPackage.* it could lead to misuse or unauthorized users may get access to certain objects.

If that is not the case and you wish provide access to every role then follw below steps.

select the specific object.

go to permission tab

click on plus sign to add one or more ACL entries.

now select the role to whom you wish to give access. selecting Everyone as role will provide access to every role that exist in your environment. (Everyone role must exist in BL environment, if not then run blcontent utility .This will import certain object to your BL environment.) you can also select a specific role if you wish to restrict access to some specific role(TestAdminRole).

Note: to perform any operation related to ACL modification your current role must have required authorization. If not you can ask the RBAC admin to do the needful.

click ok and now the required role must get the access to the blpackage.

HTH

Blas

• 2. Re: How to create a BLPackage with ACL's to everyone ??
            sridhar a.r

Thanks Blas.

I have tried the above suggested method already which is manual , i want to do the same through script.

Regards

Sridhar

• 3. Re: How to create a BLPackage with ACL's to everyone ??
              Monoj Padhy

Try something like below and reate a NSH script.

blcli_execute BlPackage getDBKeyByGroupAndName $PACKAGE_GROUP $PACKAGE_NAME

blcli_storeenv DBKeyBl

blcli_excute DepotObject addPermission DBKeyBl SampleRole BlPackage.*

You can also refer to blcli help for more details. This must be available as below.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to create a BLPackage with ACL's to everyone ??
                Bill Robinson

You can define the default permissions granted to objects by doing the following:

- create an ACL Template that contains the permissions you want for any object - eg TestAdmins BLPackage.*, OtherAdmins, DeployJob.*, etc, etc

- edit the BLAdmins role (or whatever role) and set the 'Default Object Permission Template' to the template you just created

now, anytime you create an object w/ 'BLAdmins' (or whatever role you set the OPT for) the object will be created w/ the permissions in the template.

• 5. Re: How to create a BLPackage with ACL's to everyone ??
                  sridhar a.r

Bill Robinson

Thanks a lot !!  Thanks for your prompt response