4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2014 7:38 AM by Stephen Sweeney

Unable to start rscd 8.5 sp1 on RH 6.5 server

Stephen Sweeney

This is an odd problem... I am developing an installation package with a silent install script. During the development process I installed and un installed many times. At one point my package would no longer install... or un install. After checking, I found that the problem was that the rscd process would not start....

I am new to Bladelogic, but I searched and read a lot of the docs here and nothing seem to match exactly. Here is my problem and conditions:

This is a RH Linux 6.5 x64

Agent is rscd 8.5 SP1

SElinux is disabled

When I try and start rscd I get the following:

[root@ulvblgd01 tmp]# service rscd start       

Starting Remote System Call Daemon (RSCD) ...

And it stays stuck there....There are no logs created, and nothing in /var/log/messages.

I have tried my install package on several other servers and they seem to work fine... So I believe that some remanent of an install is stuck somewhere and causing the startup to hang.

here is the silent file I am using:

export INSTALL_DIR

export IS_KEYSTROKE_LOGS

export INSTALL_BLPRNG

export NSH_USER_FROM

export NSH_USER_TO

export NSH_INSTALL_SKEL

And like I said... seems to work on all the other servers I have installed this on... Just this one stopped working for some reason.... But like I said, more than likely something I did during the development process....

Oh, and yes I did try a reboot... Just in case.

There are no errors in the BladeLogic_Install log... But it does stop at the same command as above:

===================== Starting the Agent =====================

Starting the RSCD Daemon ...

Thanks in advance for any help.