Yes Correct, Same like vCenter.
- In BSA have options to Add a frame into server workspace and distribute IBM CO.
- After distribution, Live browse the frame will list all the LPAR's (like vm) on it. As same as VM you can install agent on the LPAR and add as server.
- Right click the frame and run HMC command as well.
Thanks for you response. I have a follow-up question. If we are going to be installing the agents on the LPARs to get them to list as a server, can we also install the agent on the VIOs?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Yes you can install AIX agent on VIOs server >2.0 version.
I have some followup questions from our AIX admin:
1) install RSCD agent on the AIX server. Will a NIM server ok to do this? Or a new server would be ideal???
2) as per notes if one proxy can be used for more than one server. can the physical server aka frame be of different model and firmware?
3) do we have to create a user on all AIX server for the bladmin etc or only on the proxy server will serve the purpose.
If you could answer those, that would be great.
Aside from her questions, I have some thoughts... From the notes above in previous responses, we really don't gain anything by installing the "proxy" other then being able to browse the child objects through the live browse. What I really need is to have all the objects in the console for inventory and reporting, which would require an agent on all the objects.
So, really, the biggest question would be, we know the agent can be installed on the LPARs, and the VIO servers, the only other "piece" would be the HMC, right?
If those are all the pieces to get the complete inventory of a frame for reports, can one agent installer job be used across all those child devices?
Is there a way to install or push the Linux and AIX remotely through the BSA console?