6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 6:51 PM by Raja Mohan

"Exception while collecting assets" running compliance jobs

Raja Mohan

hi,

I am running compliance job against a solaris 10 server, this server was manually imported to BSA and we are trying to use one of the built in disa template. I am able to successfully run using bladmin role with no issues. when running as a different role, the job fails with

[08 Jul 2014 17:40:58,955] [WorkItem-Thread-45] [ERROR] [nxxxx@xx.com:GIS:] [Compliance] Exception while collecting assets

com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.AssetCollectionException: Invalid argument;No file or directory in given path(component=FTT-Solaris10-v01 (10.80.81.105), selector=File:)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.evaluator.ConditionEvaluator.collectAssetInformation(ConditionEvaluator.java:265)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.ast.evaluator.ConditionEvaluator.evaluate(ConditionEvaluator.java:167)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.compliance.job.ComplianceJobWorkItemImpl.doWorkItemExecute(ComplianceJobWorkItemImpl.java:222)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.job.workitem.ComponentBasedJobWorkItemImpl.execute(ComponentBasedJobWorkItemImpl.java:120)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.workitem.WorkItem.doExecute(WorkItem.java:114)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.workitem.thread.WorkItemThread.execute(WorkItemThread.java:176)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.workitem.thread.WorkItemThread.execute(WorkItemThread.java:51)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

Caused by: com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Invalid argument;No file or directory in given path

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.file.FileSystemObjectFactory.jniHandler(FileSystemObjectFactory.java:831)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.file.FileSystemObjectFactory._getBlAsset(Native Method)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.file.FileSystemObjectFactory._getFromAgent(FileSystemObjectFactory.java:636)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.file.FileSystemObjectFactory.getFromAgent(FileSystemObjectFactory.java:621)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.file.FileSystemObjectFactory.getBlAssetFromAgent(FileSystemObjectFactory.java:917)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.base.BlAssetFactoryImpl.getBlAssetFromContainer(BlAssetFactoryImpl.java:204)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.LiveAssetContainer.getBlAsset(LiveAssetContainer.java:72)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.collector.ComponentAssetContainer.getBlAsset(ComponentAssetContainer.java:191)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.api.factory.BlAssetServiceImpl.getBlAssetFromContainer(BlAssetServiceImpl.java:419)

I have reviewed all the configuration file and provided access to the role. I ran the target machine rscd with debug log and just notice it stops after a particular check. I can live browse the server with no issues. kind of lost what that "File:" is referring to. any help appreciated