8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 2:23 PM by KaY !

BPPM impact model and cdmb integration

Share This:

Hi,

I installed BPPM 9.5 and integrated with CMDB 8.1. I have also created a service model BMC Remedy application and published it to BPPM. I am able to view the same service model in BPPM, but when any of the components go down say Apache Tomcat service is down, the Business service model should show the impact. But I could not see any change and the heat map shows all are running OK. I believe the CI names dicovered by BPPM are different from the CI names in CMDB. Please advise me ....

Thanks,

Kar

• 1. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration
          Charles Kelley

You can solve this different ways.  Typically, you would need to create alias formulas in the Admin console, to associate your events to the desired CI's.  This is described in the Service Modelling and Publishing Guide.  The out of the box alias formula are there to associate the events to the devices that the monitors are created on.

One other way to resolve this - for the CI that you want to be affected when the Apache Tomcat Service is down:

1.) Give the CI a particular alias, if you have not already done so.

2.) In the Admin console, go to the monitor that will generate the event for the Apache Tomcat service.  Edit the monitor, and in the 'CI Alias' field, provide the alias of your CI.

Then, whenever that monitor generates an event, the event will be attached to that CI, rather than the BPPM device that the monitor is created under.

Charles

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration

Hi Charles, thanks for the quick reply. I tried the second option, but when saving it I am getting the error "Cannot find Agent on PN Server with port 12124"

I am not sure which Agent it is referring to. If it is not able to connect to the Patrol agent on the target server or the the patrol agent is not able to connect to the Pnet server I would not be able to get the events from that particular target server. But I am able to receive events triggered and create incidents automatically.

• 3. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration
              Charles Kelley

That would be referring to the BPPM agent, not a PATROL agent.  Are all of the processes running on the BPPM Server?

Charles

• 4. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration

Yes all the processes are running except the service "BMC Impact Event Log Adapter for Windows".

Also the version I am using is BPPM 9.5, ITSM 8.1 on windows 2012.

• 5. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration
                  Charles Kelley

Hi Kar,

I wasn't referring to the services listed in the Services Control Panel, but the BPPM processes (you can check by running 'pw system status' or 'pw p l').

Charles

• 6. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration

Charles below are the processes running.

Servers/Daemon Processes

------------------------

services    2956

httpd    1304

jserver    5980

pronet_agent    1412

pronet_cntl    4852

tunnelproxy    4584

rate    4784

dbsrv    2684

mcell    4484

acell    4044

pserver    3904

Please let me know if I missed any.

• 7. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration
                      Charles Kelley

Hi Kar,

You should probably open a support issue to verify the bppm server & monitor configuration.

Charles

• 8. Re: BPPM impact model and cdmb integration

Also the license we are using is a trial license provided by BMC which is valid for another one year. Would that be the cause of the issue??