3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 8:40 AM by Bill Robinson

How to have the optional RPMs in RHEL 6 Server Catalog

Hello,

I need to install the package "php-devel-5.3.3-3.el6_2.8.x86_64.rpm" on a linux server.

I didn't find this package in the catalog I created with these parameters:

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (v. 6 for 64-bit x86_64),    RHES6,    x86_64,    Update-Level   2

I discovered in the RedHat download site that this package is listed for the RHEL 6.2 version but in the "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server - Optional (RPMs)"  list

Do you know how to select this optional list for downloading it in the BSA catalog?

• 1. Re: How to have the optional RPMs in RHEL 6 Server Catalog
          Bill Robinson

you'd need to make an offline catalog, and then use the offline downloader to pull down the parent server channel and then the 'optional' channel in the same download (put both channels in the same downloader xml config file)

• 2. Re: How to have the optional RPMs in RHEL 6 Server Catalog
            Yanick Girouard

Oh dear, thank you so much. You just helped me resolve (or at least find the root cause for) a ticket I had open regarding missing RPMs from my RHEL6 patch catalog: ISS04318045

There should be a built-in way of including those packages automatically when selecting RHEL6. The patch Analysis will actually fail on missing dependencies if one of those packages is missing in the patch repository (repodata) of BladeLogic. This is a bigger problem than it seems. We're getting this on several servers already (we're just starting using BladeLogic to patch Red Hat).

In the example below, the packages are all properly installed (with dependencies) on the server, but blyum is unable to complete the analysis and gives this error... I have looked in the repodata files using sqlite3 and the packages listed are simply not there, so it's normal blyum can't complete the analysis for them.

The patches in question are indeed in the optional channel:

What you found explains it! Here's the errors the analysis gives...

STDERR:cat: rpm-includes.lst: No such file or directory

ERROR::YUM dry run failed

ERROR::*******************************************

ERROR::YUM unable to complete analysis for either of the following reasons

ERROR::-- An rpm required as a part of dependency is in the exclude list

ERROR::-- The patch respository is incomplete and dependencies are missing in repository

ERROR::YUM listed errors below

ERROR::Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.3.3-3.el6_2.8 is needed by package php-mbstring-5.3.3-3.el6_2.8.x86_64 (installed)

ERROR::YUM unable to complete analysis for either of the following reasons

ERROR::-- An rpm required as a part of dependency is in the exclude list

ERROR::-- The patch respository is incomplete and dependencies are missing in repository

ERROR::YUM listed errors below

ERROR::Missing Dependency: php = 5.3.3-3.el6_2.8 is needed by package php-devel-5.3.3-3.el6_2.8.x86_64 (installed)

ERROR::cmd:  failed!

• 3. Re: How to have the optional RPMs in RHEL 6 Server Catalog
              Bill Robinson

Same thing w/ the virtualization, cluster, etc child channels.  https://communities.bmc.com/ideas/2760