11 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 5:24 AM by Priyanka gupta

SR field mapping in SRD

Priyanka gupta
      Share:|

Hi All,

When we submit a service request, work order gets created in that work order compnay,contact and customer will be as per submitted by the user.

But i want to override that with another customer name for this i am setting values in SR field mapping of SRD.

Now my doubt is:

From SR field mapping values will go to Work Order as well or values will go to only SRM:Request form.

What i am doing:

Using Actions I am fetching value from CTM:People and getting it in a variable and then mapping that value to Requested by person ID etc.

Even its working fine doing so customer name is getting override but my confusion is SR field mapping is only for mapping values to SRM:Request not Work order.

Please tell me what is correct.

Thanks,

Priyanka

• 1. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
          Robin Jain

Hi Priyanka,

Yes, SR field mapping is to map srm:request fields from questions or from another srm:request field.

• 2. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
            Priyanka gupta

Thanks Robin for your reply.

I know that SR field mapping is to map srm:request fields from questions or from another srm:request field.

But my doubt is :

SR field mapping is only for mapping values to SRM:Request or it can map values to Work order as well.

Thanks,

Priyanka

• 3. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
              Carl Wilson

Hi,

dependent on the version you can map from the SR Field to the PDT Variable.

As the SRM:Request is created first, the CAI (PDT Processing) can pick up any value you have mapped down to the SRM:Request fields.

Cheers

Carl

http://www.missingpiecessoftware.com/

• 4. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
                Priyanka gupta

Thanks carl for reply.

I am using SRM 8.1.

But i am doing mapping only in SR field mapping as like for Requested by... not in PDT and AOT.

So how this value will map to work order??

Thanks,

Priyanka

• 5. Re: SR field mapping in SRD

Priyanka, Though we map variables to work order fields, there will be built in workflows that set submitter values in work order company, customer fileds etc. So these mappings does not work. We have had similar requirement

We then wrote workflows on creation of SRM:Request and map required values in SRM:Request first and then push those values to Work order

Regards,

Anitha

• 6. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
                    Priyanka gupta

Hi Anitha,

Yes that is fine.

But in My case i have done SR field mappings for requested by and requested for etc and its pushing value to Work Order automatically and  overriding customer,contact and company and I have not done any changes in work flows.

Thats why i am confused how its happening.

Thanks,

Priyanka

• 7. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
                      Carl Wilson

Hi,

the SR Field Mappings allow you to push from the SRD to the SRM:Request fields overwriting the default values - therefore once these are populated from the SRD on submission, the new values are used with the OOB mappings (Contact, Customer, etc) to be populated in the underlying fulfillment request.

Remembering that there are default fulfillment values will be populated by the system, this is the behavior that you are seeing.

Cheers

Carl

• 8. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
                        Priyanka gupta

Hi Carl,

Can you please explian it more.

Thanks,

Priyanka

• 9. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
                          Carl Wilson

Hi,

I thought it was explained, however here it goes:

SRD > SRM:Request > CAI > Application Fulfillment

User (SRD) > System (SRM:Request) > System (CAI via PDT/AOT) > System (Application fulfillment)

The system populates certain values it obtains from the "People" form when submitting a request (SRM:Request).  As you are effectively mapping from the SRD via the SR Fields to the SRM:Request form, you are overwriting the system generated values with your own.  The system then uses these values to pass through to fulfillment. 

Other question answers need to be mapped via the PDT (PDT > AOT) through to the fulfillment. 

Your case is "special" as you are actually mapping to fields that the system is pushing through automatically for every request generated.

If you require further information, then I suggest heading on over to the BMC Wiki site for the SRM documentation or using the plethora of information available on this community (Document, Blogs, etc).

HTH's

Cheers

Carl

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
                            Robin Jain

Hi Priyanka,

As you have mapped the company questions to the SR field mappings for the Requested by/for company fields so the company field values in the SRM:Request are according to the values which you have passed.

And these values are going to Work order automatically because we have the OOB mapping configurations for the company fields in the AppTargetData form, if you go to the AppTargetData form then you will find the mapping for the WO application for the WO fields from SRM Fields. if you define any  SRM:Request field as SRMS field mapping in the form field selection form and do the mapping in the AppTargetData form then those field will go automatically to the WO application fields as well.

check below the App Target data configuration for company fields:

SRM_AppTArgetData.jpg

Hope this help you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: SR field mapping in SRD
                              Priyanka gupta

Thanks carl and robin.