4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2014 10:00 AM by Bill Bruncati

Importing Components from previous version

Bill Bruncati

I have a BL system running 8.2.01. I have some components that were exported to my laptop.

Each component is made up of a "blexport" and a "mapping" file. I haven't been able to import

them.

When I try the "Import Version-neutral" option , it's looking for a zip file. I zipped up the files but I still get an error:

Zip NOT version neutral.jpg

Then I try the standard import option. And I get:

Standard directory.jpg

Check the log.jpg

I've checked the appserver.log but there's no info in there about the import.

Is there something else I can check or try ?

Thanks,

Bill

• 1. Re: Importing Components from previous version
          Bill Robinson

You need to export w/ the version neutral option.

• 2. Re: Importing Components from previous version
            Bill Bruncati

Bill,

I've exported the component using "Version-Neutral" but when I try to import it , my appserver.log shows

the following "Permission denied" problem. My wb238w ID has the Role of BLAdmin so I don't know

why I'd have a permission problem.

Thanks,

Bill

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

Caused by: com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.remote.BlRemoteException: Exception while unzipping content ZIP file: /home/wb238w/Export_Neutral_w_Excludes/Inventory_Linux.zip (Permission denied)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.Importer.UnzipContent(Importer.java:4142)
                at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.Importer.importTemplatesWithDependenciesInternal(Importer.java:877)
                at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.Importer.importTemplatesWithDependencies(Importer.java:711)
                ... 16 more

Caused by: com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: /home/wb238w/Export_Neutral_w_Excludes/Inventory_Linux.zip (Permission denied)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.shared.file.FileUtil.unzipDirTree(FileUtil.java:634)
                at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.Importer.UnzipContent(Importer.java:4131)
                ... 18 more

[wb238w@lnxcmssup01 ~]$

• 3. Re: Importing Components from previous version
              Bill Robinson

you are running this on the appserver, as your own user account?

move the file to /tmp and try it, and make sure the 'bladmin' user can read it.

• 4. Re: Importing Components from previous version
                Bill Bruncati

Bill,

I opened up the permissions on my directory and folder for the zip files and that did the trick.

Thanksk,

Bill