3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2014 4:08 PM by Moses Arockiadass

Error during a deployment (Failure to open database: 14 unable to open database file)

Transactions logs:

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 INFO     bldeploy - Initializing plugin globals

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 INFO     bldeploy - Initializing Plugin object

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 DEBUG    bldeploy - Opening database: /opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/Transactions/Database/package_tracking.db

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 ERROR    bldeploy - Failure to open database: 14 unable to open database file

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 ERROR    bldeploy - Failure to open database connection: out of memory

04/26/14 08:38:24.223 WARN     bldeploy - An error occurred while attempting to load the package tracking custom object: {Error in asset instance "PackageTrackingData:ServerName:jobname_0015-22817.1": Error initializing plug-in. ; Implementation File: "/opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/daal/Implementation/PackageTrackingRoot_libdaalpluginpackagetracking.so/libdaalpluginpackagetracking.so" ; Error message: "Failure to open database connection: out of memory"} (This error can be ignored if the custom object is not registered on the server)

BBSA Version 8.3.0

• 1. Re: Error during a deployment (Failure to open database: 14 unable to open database file)

Experts,

Though the deployables are deployed properly on the server I get this message.

Regards

• 2. Re: Error during a deployment (Failure to open database: 14 unable to open database file)
            Bill Robinson

that error is related to the 'package tracking' or 'blpackages' custom object that you see in the live browse.  it tracks the blpackages deployed to the targets.

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 DEBUG    bldeploy - Opening database: /opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/Transactions/Database/package_tracking.db

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 ERROR    bldeploy - Failure to open database: 14 unable to open database file

04/26/14 08:38:24.222 ERROR    bldeploy - Failure to open database connection: out of memory

04/26/14 08:38:24.223 WARN     bldeploy - An error occurred while attempting to load the package tracking custom object: {Error in asset instance "PackageTrackingData:ServerName:jobname_0015-22817.1": Error initializing plug-in. ; Implementation File: "/opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/daal/Implementation/PackageTrackingRoot_libdaalpluginpackagetracking.so/libdaalpluginpackagetracking.so" ; Error message: "Failure to open database connection: out of memory"} (This error can be ignored if the custom object is not registered on the server)

it looks like there is some problem opening the 'database' used to track the blpackages on the server.  is the CO registered ?  can you live browse it as the same role:user you are running the job as ?

are you mapped to root on the target during the deploy or some other user ? 

how much memory is on the target system ?

• 3. Re: Error during a deployment (Failure to open database: 14 unable to open database file)

Yes Bill I think I got the solution. We have mapped the role to the application user as the binaries need to be deployed as application user. When I compared with other server only the Database folder in /opt/bmc/bladelogic/Transactions was owned by root, followed by packag_tracking_db file as well.

That the reason when I deploy the binaries in other servers I was not receiving the same error on other servers.

I have requested the solaris support team to get this changed.

Regards.