6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 12:52 PM by Doug Mueller

Error during dynamic search using External()

Share This:

Hi,

I am getting below error while searching for particular workorders through External operator.

The underlying database does not support qualifications on fields with a length over 4000 bytes for Oracle or 255 bytes for all other databases : : 303409100 (ARERR 561) .

The qualification is like

((((("('A' = """ + $A$) + """) AND ('B' =""") + $B$) + """)AND ('C' = """) + $C$) + """)"

Search scenario is User will select Search Criteria (Ex:Advance Search)from drop down and new window opens. He will select the parameter by which he wants to search(Ex:Work Order ID). I am sending this WO ID and other two criteria to parent form (A & B in above qualification) and refreshing the table. During table refresh I am getting the error mentioned above.

• 1. Re: Error during dynamic search using External()

Are you using some diary field or the field whose max length is greater than 4000, because database engine does not allow qualifications on diary fields or character fields whose maximum length is greater than 4000 bytes for Oracle or 255 bytes for all other databases. You cannot specify a qualification that includes a reference to these types of fields.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error during dynamic search using External()

Seems That atleast one of the fields from your Qualification is a having a CLOB (At DB level) Data type . I guess this is the reason error is coming.

Regards

Rahul P

• 3. Re: Error during dynamic search using External()
              Doug Mueller

By the way, not just "one of the fields", it is specifically the field that is called out in the error message....  The field with field ID  303409100.  That field on the form is the one that has been included in the external qualification and it has a field length of either unlimited or of more than 4000 characters (if Oracle) or something else (I don't believe it is really 255 for other databases anymore, but it is some limit less than 4000) if DB2 or Informix.  SQL Server and Sybase allow searches on CLOB fields so would not produce this error.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Error during dynamic search using External()

Can we include the fields which contanis the values in multiple lines in External() function? because its not producing th e desired results.

Ex: Cust Address- No 456,

Some state,

PINCODE,

Country

• 5. Re: Error during dynamic search using External()

Thanks for your answers Doug,Rahul and Umesh

• 6. Re: Error during dynamic search using External()
                    Doug Mueller

You need to be more clear about what you are doing.

I assume you have a field that contains something like

Joe Smith

111 A St

Some City, xx 00000

and you want to include the contents of that field in an EXTERNAL qualification.  Is this correct?  In theory, there should be no issue with it.

To be sure the syntax and all else is correct, can you build an EXTERNAL command that does what you are trying to do (please remove any extraneous fields/references and just have the simplest possible definition that shows the problem you are getting).  Then, show the content of the field at the time you are trying to use it and the error you are getting and where you are using EXTERNAL (filter, active link, something else).

Then, we can see if there is a syntax issue or if something else is going on that is limiting the solution.