4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 2:27 AM by Ram Joshi

Maturity levels and Intelligent Ticketing

Carey Walker
      Share This:

The Intelligent Ticketing (ITKT) docs talk about three levels of 'maturity' in the Event/CMDB space and how ITKT will work for each.

If we look at Level 2 where we have a CMDB but not a full service model published back to BEM/SIM/BPPM, some questions about how the Incidents will be created.

It seems that at Level 2, ITKT will be able to both create the relationship from the Incident a CI, and set the Incident Prod Cats so that we can then leverage the assignment mechanisms described (including the new option to include Supported By associations if defined).

I'm not clear from the docs how automated that process is under ITKT2.0.

If the event provides say, a host name (CI Name), does ITKT automatically map that through to the resulting incident in order to achieve the above (i.e. relate CI and set prod cats of Incident based on related CI so we can have a good chance of assigning the incident correctly) ?

It reads that way, but there is obviously a requirement to map an event slot containing the causal CI during the iBRSD event processing. Is that the case?? And is it all automated with new ITKT workflow, or was the 'old' iBRSD already able to do this??

• 1. Re: Maturity levels and Intelligent Ticketing
          Darius Wallace

Yep you nailed it. In IT2.0, using the BEM policy for level 2, if the CI is available it will be passed automatically to the correct CI field in Incident. From there, we use that CI reference to lookup and validate the CI in the CMDB. If found, the product categories will be returned and populated in the Resolution Product Category fields on the Incident. From there you not only have the ability to now route based on the "Supported By" definition with IT2.0 but you can also route based on the Resolution Product Categories and the Location of the CI with IT2.0 which are not options in the pre-IT2.0 release.

• 2. Re: Maturity levels and Intelligent Ticketing
            Carey Walker

Thanks. Some further clarification please (i.e. lots of questions)

1.'if the CI is available......' How is it passed to the incident? Is there a mapping mechanism that says event slot 'x' should contain the CI? What CI attribute are we assumed to be mapping? The CI Name? In the Incident, the relationships are typically all defined under the covers via recon ids or instance ids etc. Is it as simple as suggested above and we just make sure a defined slot has a name in it which when 'pushed' to the Incident interface forms and so on, will be processed via workflow to set up a correctly related CI and correctly defined Incident? Is this new workflow that comes with the ITKT V2.x patch? Is the ability to provide a CI (or Service) during the iBRSD/ITKT V2 processing new??

2. Does the setting of Incident prod cats follow the same logic I've just outlined? i.e. assuming the above mechanism by which we nominate the CI, as well as relating the CI to the Incident, the enhanced workflow also sets the prod cats?

• 3. Re: Maturity levels and Intelligent Ticketing
              Darius Wallace

In BPPM event there is slot with name as “mc_smc_id”  which has value of CI ReconId. Alternatively someone can also populate mc_smc_alias with CI alias value which the BPPM cell uses to populate mc_smc_id before propagating to IBRSD. This CI Recon_ID is then validated and used on the Incident Interface form to not only populate either the CI+ or Service CI field but also to look up the corresponding Product Categories which are mapped to the Resolution or Product Category fields respectively.

In a nutshell, simply pass the CI and the appropriate CI and Product Category fields are populated on the Incident as part of the integration. And yes this is new functionality introduced with IT2.0.

• 4. Re: Maturity levels and Intelligent Ticketing

Hi Carey,

I had seen your discussion on "Maturity levels and Intelligent Ticketing" and still i have some doubts on this so please help me as i am new and want to achieve same at my client site.

Here are my questions :

1. 'if the CI is available......' ?, Do we have to publish or promote CMDB CI's in BPPM cell ? if not then what thw exact meaning of "If the CI is available" ?

2. I hope this is not related to service impact modeling ?

3. Could you pls share some custom document to achieve this if yes pls share on my email rjredmi@gmail.com

Thanks