You can use deploy job to stop and start a service on a managed server.
1. Live browse that server
2. Go to Services
3. select the service and create BL package of that
4. Open the BL package and select the required action (Add, delete, start, stop etc)
5. Created deploy job for the action.
Thank for your prompt reply.
Scenario:Consider one server on Remote registry service is automatic and started.
What happen if BLpackage has the same rule of Automatic and start mode for remote registry.
I am not clear on the scenario. Can you please elaborate it?
Consider a condition that you can use to discern your BSA servers from your other servers. Create a smart group that contains your target servers except for the ones in use by BSA. Create a job that turns of the services you want put it in the batch job along with your patch job.
Thanks upendra bhai and Inigo
1. create deploy job containing package to set the service to the appropriate configuration you want (stop service(s))
2. create deploy job containing package to set the service to the appropriate configuration you want (start service(s))
3. Create Patch Remediation Job through Analysis Job.
4. Create Batch Job
5. Add in deploy job from step 1.
6. Add Patch remediation Jobs
7. Add in deploy job from step 2.
8. Set Batch Job to by server, or parallel, which ever makes the most sense
9. Specify procedures for failures whether to continue or not. (only do it if you have done By Server)
10. Smile and be happy for the rest of your weekend!