3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 11:24 AM by Andrew Waters

How does CAM choose which FC to trigger on?

Ludvig Cassel
      Share This:

Hi,

I've noticed that CAM rather randomly selects which functional component to trigger on, correct me if I'm wrong.

It appears as though CAM prefers first the functional component that are required and then functional component that contain database related components. Is there any way to select which functional component to trigger on or any ruleset to go after?

This situation is rather anoying when you have multiple functional components on root tier and they are all marked as required and you want the discovery to trigger on a specific one.

• 1. Re: How does CAM choose which FC to trigger on?
          Andrew Waters

That is quite complicated. It gives weighting depending for the required functional components depending upon variables, conditions and operator types and picks one with the largest weighting.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How does CAM choose which FC to trigger on?
            Ludvig Cassel

Hi Andrew,

Okay, is there a list of these criterias available somewhere? It would be nice to learn more about this so that I can influence the CAM in the way I want.

The question might be odd but I have noticed that it can be powerfull to be able to control this, e.g. when CAM creates non-working triggers (this has happend to me in rare cases) and the ability to switch the trigger by changing how we filter the FC groups would be a great help in those cases.

Is there work being done for future versions of ADDM (I havnt checked this in V.10 yet) where you have to ability to override the CAMs weighting system and manually specify which FC it should trigger on?

• 3. Re: How does CAM choose which FC to trigger on?
              Andrew Waters

There is no user documentation on how the trigger is chosen. ADDM 10 has not changed behaviour. You could create an idea. I would expect it to extend how it is chosen rather than giving users the ability to override the choice but you never know.