8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 5:47 AM by abdallah hamaydeh

BMC Relay Agent Service crashing repeatedly

Eduardo Chapa
      Share This:

Hi,

After we upgraded from 11.6 to 11.7 and applied the latest Hotfix to our master, one of our main relays is crashing daily sometimes twice a day. Under the Event Viewer we see the following under the "System" Logs about the crash, which is not very helpful:

"The BMC FootPrints Asset Core Agent service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 7 time(s)."

But under the "Application" Logs we have the following for each time it has stopped:

Faulting application name: mtxagent.exe, version: 11.7.0.0, time stamp: 0x52f9f68d

Faulting module name: libMtx.dll, version: 11.7.0.0, time stamp: 0x526a2228

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000297206

Faulting process id: 0x458

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3ebe9fca7802

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\FootPrints Asset Core\Client\bin\mtxagent.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\FootPrints Asset Core\Client\bin\libMtx.dll

Report Id: 1f761f45-aab9-11e3-81f9-0050568f3c65

I already submitted this issue to BMC Support but I haven't heard back from them.

The most clients I've seen connected to this relay was around 1750. Do you think this could be the reason for the agent crashes?

The logs stop when the service stops and they don't show any previous errors that could be causing the crash.

Have you seen this on your relays? We already tried reinstalling the agent and it didn't help.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eduardo