4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 2:47 PM by Bill Robinson

I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once

Ray Coleman

I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once.

• 1. Re: I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once
          Bill Robinson

i'm assuming you will want to run these as nsh script jobs after you upload them?

so what language are these scripts written in?  what type of nsh script do you need to upload them as ?  runscript, copy and execute, perl, etc ?

do these scripts take arguments that you need to pass at runtime ?

the short answer is you can write a nsh/blcli script to loop through each script and upload it into the depot, but you need to get more information about these scripts first.

• 2. Re: I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once
            Ray Coleman

Bill

Yes I want to run them, some are unix shell scripts others are vbs.

Thanks

Ray

Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 19:29:39 -0500

To: raycolemanjr@hotmail.com

Subject: Re:  - I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once New message on BMC Communities

BMC Communities

I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once

reply from Bill Robinson in Server Automation - View the full discussion

i'm assuming you will want to run these as nsh script jobs after you upload them?

so what language are these scripts written in?  what type of nsh script do you need to upload them as ?  runscript, copy and execute, perl, etc ?

do these scripts take arguments that you need to pass at runtime ?

the short answer is you can write a nsh/blcli script to loop through each script and upload it into the depot, but you need to get more information about these scripts first.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on BMC Communities

Start a new discussion in Server Automation by email or at BMC Communities

Following I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once in these streams:

Inbox

Thank you for your participation in BMC Communities.

• 3. Re: I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once
              Ray Coleman

The scripts are vb and shell scripts, yes I want to create an nsh job for each of them

• 4. Re: I have serval directores with many scripts how do I upload them all to the depot at once
                Bill Robinson

Well, bsa can’t execute tehe vb scripts natively so you need a wrapper for those.  the shell scripts can be used w/ the ‘copy and execute’ nsh script type.  you can use the blcli to upload the script to the depot, define the arguments for the script and create a job.