5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 2:01 PM by Bill Robinson

Issue following BSA SP4 upgrade; fix provided

Ken Cruz

Hello all,

I just applied SP4 to my BladeLogic Server Automation base install ( to bring me to version, but may have uncovered an issue.  As per the BMC's recommendation, I also applied SP4 to the BBSA Console on the host of the application server as well as my remote Windows 7 Console installation.  Once the app server was started, I was able to login and browse through all of the previous snapshots and audit jobs, however, when these jobs were executed manually or via schedule, they all appear to fail with the same error:

[Job-Execution-3] [ERROR] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:] [Audit] com.bladelogic.om.infra.shared.cache.ObjectLoadException: java.io.IOException: JNI file copy from '//hostname/opt/bmc/NSH/storage/tmp/audit_xxxxxxx.snp' to '/opt/bmc/NSH/tmp/application_server/xxxxxx' failed: : No such file or directory

After investigating, I discovered that the /opt/bmc/NSH/tmp/application_server directory was changed to a file and the ownership also changed.

-rwxrwxrwt   1 root    bladmin    0 Mar  5 14:02 application_server

Once I removed that file and recreated the /opt/bmc/NSH/tmp/application_server directory and updated the perms, all snapshots and audits ran with no issues.

drwxrwxrwt   2 bladmin bladmin 12288 Mar  6 10:11 application_serve