9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 6:01 AM by Aryan Anantwar

Exit Code = -4001

Although our jobs (one specific job) seems to be working 100% of the time, we receive exitCode = 4001.  We performed a search on Google and here in the communities and noticed someone already posted this question but no answer has been received.

I am happy the job actually completes but when we look at the results, it displays the red circle with white x inside.

I have created Virtual Guest Job for vm provisioning (Red Hat) and it has successfully created a new VM. But my face gets down when I see in BSA Console that job execution has error. exit code =-4001

Does any one has resolved this issue??

Thanks,

Rohan

• 1. Re: Exit Code = -4001
          Niranjan Nagandla

Can you attach the bldeployXXXX.log logs for the timeframe on VCentre to get more info. 4001 is the common exit code, the detailed information on the failure will be logged in bldeploy log.

Thanks,

Niranjan

• 2. Re: Re: Exit Code = -4001

Hi Niru,

PFA attached log file

• 3. Re: Exit Code = -4001
              Niranjan Nagandla

Do you have VMWare tools installed on the template you were using? Can you attach the blcoserver log aswell from VCentre?

BSA Version:

VCentre Version:

02/20/14 17:26:32.118 ERRORbldeploy - [1][/Templates/RedHatVMTemplate] 2014_02_20 17:26:31:0791COserver - Exception occurred in plugin: com.bladelogic.om.infra.daal.jco.CustomObjectException: java.lang.NullPointerException
              02/20/14 17:26:32.118 ERRORbldeploy - [1][/Templates/RedHatVMTemplate] 2014_02_20 17:26:31:0791COserver - java.lang.NullPointerException
              02/20/14 17:26:32.134 ERRORbldeploy - [1][/Templates/RedHatVMTemplate] 2014_02_20 17:26:31:0791COserver - Exception occurred in plugin: com.bladelogic.om.infra.daal.jco.CustomObjectException: java.lang.NullPointerException com.bladelogic.vmware.deployer.VMwareLegacyDeployer.deploy(VMwareLegacyDeployer.java:327) com.bladelogic.vmware.deployer.VMwareLegacyDeployer.bulkPutAttributeValues(VMwareLegacyDeployer.java:107) com.bladelogic.vmware.deployer.VMwareLegacyDeployer.bulkPutAttributeValues(VMwareLegacyDeployer.java:38) com.bladelogic.virtualization.jpa.VirtCustomObject.bulkPutAttributeValues(VirtCustomObject.java:508) com.bladelogic.om.infra.daal.jco.GenericPlugin.notify(GenericPlugin.java:201) com.bladelogic.om.infra.daal.jco.JPAShim.bulkPutAttributeValues(JPAShim.java:631) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: (no message available) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareAsset.getAssetfromAssetNode(VMWareAsset.java:261) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareAsset.equals(VMWareAsset.java:275) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareDeployService.modifyAsset(VMWareDeployService.java:750) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareDeployService.processAsset(VMWareDeployService.java:697) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareDeployService.processAssets(VMWareDeployService.java:600) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareDeployService.commit(VMWareDeployService.java:275) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.deploy.RollbackHandler.rollback(RollbackHandler.java:108) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareDeployService.commit(VMWareDeployService.java:319) com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.vmware.VMWareDeployService.deploy(VMWareDeployService.java:168) com.bladelogic.vmware.deployer.VMwareLegacyDeployer.deploy(VMwareLegacyDeployer.java:319) com.bladelogic.vmware.deployer.VMwareLegacyDeployer.bulkPutAttributeValues(VMwareLegacyDeployer.java:107) com.bladelogic.vmware.deployer.VMwareLegacyDeployer.bulkPutAttributeValues(VMwareLegacyDeployer.java:38) com.bladelogic.virtualization.jpa.VirtCu
              02/20/14 17:26:32.134 ERRORbldeploy - [1][/Templates/RedHatVMTemplate] 2014_02_20 17:26:31:0869COserver - Error returned from plug-in ; Plug-in: /BMC_VMware_VirtualInfrastructureManager_win64 ; Plug-in function: blAsset_PutAll ; Plug-in asset: BMC_VMware_VirtualMachineTemplate:172.16.5.78:/Templates/RedHatVMTemplate ; Plug-in error code: 800 ; Plug-in error message: java.lang.NullPointerException ; Plug-in detail message: Exception occurred in plugin: com.bladelogic.om.infra.daal.jco.CustomObjectException: java.lang.NullPointerException
              • 4. Re: Exit Code = -4001

BSA Version                          8.2.0.158

VMware Tools                        9.2.2.18018

VMware vCenter Server           5.0.0.16608

VMware vSphere Client 5.0     5.0.0.16608

VMware vSphere Web Client   5.0.0.985  

Earlier I have tried the same case, at that time it has successfully created a VM as well as it has shown job as completed without error.

From Where Can I find blcoserver log??

• 6. Re: Exit Code = -4001
                  Niranjan Nagandla

Do you have VMWare tools installed on the Redhat template? I think it fails during customization as the tolls are not installed on VM.

02/20/14 17:26:30.621 INFO blcoserver -  vcserver 5600 BladeLogicRSCD (Not_available): (Not_available): Changed the configuration for BSA_RedHatVM
                  02/20/14 17:26:30.683 ERRORblcoserver -  vcserver 5600 BladeLogicRSCD (Not_available): (Not_available): The Customization cannot be completed as VMware Tools are not present or VMware Tools Status is not ok for 'BSA_RedHatVM' virtual machine.
                  • 7. Re: Exit Code = -4001
                    Niranjan Nagandla

May be you can try converting the template to VM and check if the VMWare tools tolls are installed and they are up to date and then convert back to template and re-try provisioning

• 8. Re: Exit Code = -4001

Yess I was about to post the same thing.

VMware Tools are not present or VMware Tools Status is not ok for 'BSA_RedHatVM' virtual machine.

I have checked  "Customize OS" option earlier, but now when creating new VG job I have unchecked that option and executed VG job. It has successfully executed and VM is created successfully.

Thanks,

Rohan

• 9. Re: Exit Code = -4001
                        Aryan Anantwar

Hi Rohan,

If you are planning to use customize OS option to modify the Operating System relevant values i.e. Computer name,Username, password etc.

Then the VM Template you have used to create VGP, must contain up-to-date VMWare tools installed on it.

Regards,

Aryan Anantwar