13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 10:56 AM by julias4 julias4

Eclipse bljython development

Jorge Lavín

Hello there.

I am trying to setup a Jython development enviroment for BSA within Eclipse, in particular as a PyDev project (under windows 7). I am given a python script which imports CLI.py, and has a Bladelogic class defined with some methods such as connectBlade(). With bljython properly configured this work like charm. (even outside of a NSH shell) However, within the PyDev project I am not able to make it work

As far as I know CLI.py is a bridge between the Python and the Java part of Jython for BSA. My guess is that those imports, are the root of the problem. In the configuration of bljython I think that the following things happen

java.classpath=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br

java.classpath=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br\stdlib

java.classpath=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br\deployments

jvm.arg=-Dblx.cmrootdir=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br

jvm.arg=-Dcom.bladelogic.cli.xmldir=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br\xml\cli

Jython was installed with the JRE version of Bladelogic. in INSTALL_DIR\NSH\jre\ How can I translate that call to a PyDev project? via PYTHONPATH, Interpreters... so on.

I have two types of errors:

1) The CLI.py import fails. No module named bladelogic error and so on.

2) If a brute force all the stdlib jar imports in sys.path, then I get a beanException error in my code.

Any hints, help, thoughts...

Thanks for your time.