13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2019 8:40 AM by Rebecca Beatty

Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job

Johannes Buverud

When I try to start jobs from AI consol, I get the error "BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job".

(If I run a job from the Spoon client, all works fine.)

This was originally a 7.6.04 SP2/Windoes2008 installation where I had the same error. We have now upgraded to 8.1, and it still does not work.

I have played around with NGIE:Config without results, and now I am not even sure what it original looked like. (This is a developement installation, I am definately taking more care in production:)

Is it right that it is the "Carte Details" in NGIE:Config that is where I should make the changes?

In the "Dir Path" there was what I believe the path to the old installation C:\Program files (x86)\BMC Software\...", I guess this should be changed to what I believe is the new path "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver"?

Is the default User/Passord cluster/cluster?

Should the Port be the same as the for the rest of the installation?

Does ARS has to be restarted after changes to this form, do I have to flush the MidTier, or something else?

• 1. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
          Singaravadivelan Ramakrishnan

Hi Johannes,

When you do the upgrade from 7.6.04 to 8.1 Pentaho deployment and Carte Server entry form changed to UDM:Config form.

and the password for the Carte URL is your AR Server User. Use the same credentials it will log in. Once you have Upgraded AI Server you need to Re-start Mid-tier and do the Flush Cache. it will work.

and Carte Server will be started when you start the AR Server because the entry is added to armonitor.cfg file.

please check the below link it will give you an idea what got changed in AI 8.1 .

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ac81/Atrium+Integrator+enhancements+in+version+8.1.00#AtriumIntegratorenhanceme…

Thanks & Regards

Velan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
            Johannes Buverud

Hi Velan,

I now tried changing the Port in UDM:Config from default 20000 to 7654 (which is what we use for the rest of the ARS-installation), and then I flushed MidTier, but I still get the same error.

2014-02-10_153835.jpg

Running jobs from Spoon client works fine, and I have no problem mapping up data stores against the arsystem/cmdb, or creting jobs in AI. It is only running jobs in AI that is the problem.

• 3. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job

Hi Johannes,

The hot name,Atrium Integrator Engine Name and port number  in UDM Config form need to match with the entry in armonitor.cfg file

open the armonitor.cfg file search for "Carte" and check the carte server is started with what entry and port number.

and keep the hot name,Atrium Integrator Engine Name as the same in which the carte server started and keep the port same.

when you do any change to UDM:Config form then you need to do the AR Server Restart.

Thanks & Regards

Velan

• 4. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
                Johannes Buverud

Hi again,

This is the part of armonitor.cfg regarding AI:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024m "-Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\lib;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\JDBC;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\webservices;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\spring;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\commons;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\web;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\pentaho;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\mondrian;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver\data-integration\libext\salesforce" "-Dorg.mortbay.util.URI.charset=UTF-8" "-DKETTLE_HOME=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\diserver" "-DKETTLE_REPOSITORY=" "-DKETTLE_USER=" "-DKETTLE_PASSWORD=" "-DKETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES=" "-DKETTLE_LOG_SIZE_LIMIT=" "-DKETTLE_MAX_LOG_SIZE_IN_LINES=5000" org.pentaho.di.www.Carte E25APVW072.utvikling.local 20000 -i "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem"

I made the following changes in UDM:Config

2014-02-11_094403.jpg

restarted both ARS, flushed MidTier, and deleted both temporary webpages and Cookies, and also tried logging in from another server, but I still get the exact same error:

2014-02-11_095054.jpg

Error message:

Failed to start NGIE Job with JobName:Test WDM DirectoryName:/pilaru_WDM

java.lang.Exception: Error occured while starting job [ Test WDM] :

at com.bmc.atrium.ngie.ARCreateEntryCall.createEntryCall(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.ngie.AIRunJobExecution.deployJobOnCarte(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.ngie.util.NgieJobMonitorExe.startJob(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.lcds.ngie.vo.NGIEJob.startJob(NGIEJob.java:306)

at com.bmc.atrium.lcds.ngie.NGIEService.startJob(NGIEService.java:247)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor635.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:404)

at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:183)

at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1400)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:1011)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:103)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.LegacyFilter.invoke(LegacyFilter.java:158)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SessionFilter.invoke(SessionFilter.java:44)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:166)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.BaseHTTPEndpoint.service(BaseHTTPEndpoint.java:291)

at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:353)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at com.bmc.atrium.web.AtriumServletDispatcher.dispatch(AtriumServletDispatcher.java:140)

at com.bmc.atrium.midtier.RealAtriumWidgetPlugin.processRequest(RealAtriumWidgetPlugin.java:236)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor539.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.modulelauncher.ContextClassLoaderInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderInvocationHandler.java:26)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy17.processRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.modulelauncher.AtriumWidgetPlugin.processRequest(AtriumWidgetPlugin.java:229)

at com.remedy.arsys.plugincontainer.impl.PluginServlet.postPluginInfo(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.plugincontainer.impl.PluginContainer.processRequestInfo(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.AuthenticationHelperServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.postInternal(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:769)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:698)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:891)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.ngie.util.NgieJobMonitorExe.startJob(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.lcds.ngie.vo.NGIEJob.startJob(NGIEJob.java:306)

at com.bmc.atrium.lcds.ngie.NGIEService.startJob(NGIEService.java:247)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor635.invoke(Unknown Source)

at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:404)

at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:183)

at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1400)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:1011)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:103)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.LegacyFilter.invoke(LegacyFilter.java:158)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SessionFilter.invoke(SessionFilter.java:44)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:166)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.BaseHTTPEndpoint.service(BaseHTTPEndpoint.java:291)

at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:353)

at com.bmc.atrium.web.AtriumServletDispatcher.dispatch(AtriumServletDispatcher.java:140)

at com.bmc.atrium.midtier.RealAtriumWidgetPlugin.processRequest(RealAtriumWidgetPlugin.java:236)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor539.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.modulelauncher.ContextClassLoaderInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderInvocationHandler.java:26)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy17.processRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.atrium.modulelauncher.AtriumWidgetPlugin.processRequest(AtriumWidgetPlugin.java:229)

at com.remedy.arsys.plugincontainer.impl.PluginServlet.postPluginInfo(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.plugincontainer.impl.PluginContainer.processRequestInfo(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.AuthenticationHelperServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.postInternal(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:769)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:698)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:891)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• 5. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job

Hi Johannes,

Do you have ARS in Server group. if yes then you need to have two entry in UDM:Config form for both the server and also one entry for the load balance name.

and can you get me the arjavaplugin.log file so I can tell you exactly what is the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Velan

• 6. Re: Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
                    Johannes Buverud

This is in our Development environment which consist of only one ARS and one MidTier, so no server group.

(Our Test, Preprod and Prod environments are on the other hand server groups).

The arjavaplugin.log said "No Carte Server with name E25APVW072 exist in UDM:Config form."

I tried replacing "E25APVW072.utvikling.local" with just "E25APVW072" in UDM:Conig, restarting ARS, flushing MidTier etc. This time the log file said "No Carte Server with name pilaru exist in UDM:Config form." ("pilaru" is the server name alias.)

UPDATE: Based on File attachment policies, a file was removed, see FAQ for more

• 7. Re: Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job

Hi Johannes,

Ok I got the issue. In ar.cfg file the Server-connect name is this E25APVW072 the short name so follow the below step it will resolve the issue.

1. edit the armonitor.cfg and change the carte server host name from long to short name.
                      2. open UDM:Config form and modify the long name to short name.
                      3. go to UDM:ExecutionInstance Form check is there any entry in this form if yes delete touse entry.
                      4. go to UDM:RAppPassword form add one more entry with the short name and RAPP password.

Stop Mid-tier

Stop AR Server

Start ArServer and Start Mid-tier

Thanks & Regards

Velan

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
                        Johannes Buverud

I did the following:

1. edit the armonitor.cfg and change the carte server host name from long to short name.

- I changed this to the short name as sugested

2. open UDM:Config form and modify the long name to short name.

- This I had just done (as mentioned in my last post)

3. go to UDM:ExecutionInstance Form check is there any entry in this form if yes delete touse entry.

- There was one entry which I deleted

4. go to UDM:RAppPassword form add one more entry with the short name and RAPP password.

- There was allready one entry with the short name, so I did nothing (should I still have added one with the same name, or maybe deleted this first and then added one?):

111.jpg

Stop Mid-tier

Stop AR Server

Start ArServer and Start Mid-tier

- All done

Result: Still the same error

• 9. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job

Hi Johannes,

Then I suggest you to Create a BMC support ticket so we can have a look at the issue.

and point this community thread on that ticket.

Thanks & Regards

Velan

• 11. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
                            Johannes Buverud

Solved

Turned out that the "Atrium Integration Engine Server Name" in UDM:Config had to be the same as the ARS server name alias, in our case "pilaru".

• 12. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
                              Suyog Aptikar

Hi Singaravadivelan Ramakrishnan

I am getting the same error, I have gone through this thread and checked all the steps which are there, I am still getting this error, please find below the jist of the arjavaplugin.log. please suggest solution to this.

<PLUGINSVR> <TNAME: pool-6-thread-3          > <ERROR> <ARPentahoPlugin                                   > <                                                 ?:?         > /* Thu Mar 10 2016 12:09:50.927 */  Error while creating an entry on form UDM:ScheduleProcessor

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.createExecutionInstanceForJob(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.sendObjectToCarteServer(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.checkForResendAndStart(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.checkForResendAndStart(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.startExecutionInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.executeScheduled(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.createEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.plugins.ARDBCPluginRepository.ArdbcCreate(ARDBCPluginRepository.java:177)

at com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.ARPluginRPCCallQueueProcessor.ArEsArdbcCreate_5(ARPluginRPCCallQueueProcessor.java:563)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.ARPluginServerDispatcher.dispatchOncRpcCall(ARPluginServerDispatcher.java:482)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler.dispatchCall(ArRpcCallHandler.java:699)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler.callDispatcher(ArRpcCallHandler.java:408)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler.processRpcCall(ArRpcCallHandler.java:238)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler$Processor.run(ArRpcCallHandler.java:486)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

<PLUGINSVR> <TNAME: pool-6-thread-3          > <ERROR> <ARDBCPluginRepository                             > <                        ARDBCPluginRepository.java:184       > /* Thu Mar 10 2016 12:09:50.927 */  createEntry() FAILs in plugin: ARSYS.ARDBC.PENTAHO

ERROR (8753): Error in plugin

at com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.plugins.ARDBCPluginRepository.ArdbcCreate(ARDBCPluginRepository.java:177)

at com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.ARPluginRPCCallQueueProcessor.ArEsArdbcCreate_5(ARPluginRPCCallQueueProcessor.java:563)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.ARPluginServerDispatcher.dispatchOncRpcCall(ARPluginServerDispatcher.java:482)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler.dispatchCall(ArRpcCallHandler.java:699)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler.callDispatcher(ArRpcCallHandler.java:408)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler.processRpcCall(ArRpcCallHandler.java:238)

at com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.nio.ArRpcCallHandler$Processor.run(ArRpcCallHandler.java:486)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

<PLUGINSVR> <TNAME: pool-6-thread-2          > <ERROR> <ARPentahoPlugin                                   > <                                                 ?:?         > /* Thu Mar 10 2016 12:10:04.612 */  Error while creating an entry on form UDM:ScheduleProcessor

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.createExecutionInstanceForJob(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.sendObjectToCarteServer(Unknown Source)

at com.bmc.arsys.pdi.ardbc.ARPentahoPlugin.startExecutionInstance(Unknown Source)

<PLUGINSVR> <TNAME: pool-6-thread-2          > <ERROR> <ARDBCPluginRepository                             > <                        ARDBCPluginRepository.java:184       > /* Thu Mar 10 2016 12:10:04.613 */  createEntry() FAILs in plugin: ARSYS.ARDBC.PENTAHO

ERROR (8753): Error in plugin

<PLUGINSVR> <TNAME: pool-6-thread-1          > <ERROR> <ARPentahoPlugin                                   > <                                                 ?:?         > /* Thu Mar 10 2016 12:10:17.743 */  Error while creating an entry on form UDM:ScheduleProcessor

• 13. Re: Atrium Integrator Error: BMCATRIUM_NGIE000104: Failed to start NGIE job
                                Rebecca Beatty

I had this error (but could submit job okay from the Spoon console) and found my issue on the UDM:ExecutionInstance Form

-My directory was not correct

Thanks!