The condition handling in ctrl-m (regardless of which version) is bad. You need a lot of homegrown set-ups and BMC utilites to perform
an effective condition handling. It is extremly timeconsuming and there is almost no validation. With each ctm version some things where done a bit better, but the basics ar still missing and have to be done manually.
- MaybeCond. Handling
- Time consuming
- For each in-condi. I need to define a DEL Out-Cond.
- Tables/Jobs will be hanging and waiting for Condi, because there is a typo or the adding job doesn't exist.
- For each conection, you need to open/load both entities, the sending and the receiving one.
- No auto. Sort or any sortoptions available
- No option to automatically delete the in-conditions
- Visualisation is not working if I add a cond. with ODAT but receives it with PREV
- When linking jobs/tables together (drag&drop) it works fine: three condi. are created: one in-cond., one ADD out-cond. and one DEL Outcond. If I then click on the created link and want to delete the condition with the rightmousebutton-option "Delete Dependency*, it will only delte two conditions. The Out-Cond. DEL will still be there. For me this is not only not nice, but a Bug.
- No validation, Ctm dosen't care if a condi. is set but nowhere needed and even worster: CTM doesn't care if a job which has a defined in-condi will never start, because this in-condi. is not added anywhere.
- No calender validation, CTM doesn't care if my reciving job which runs only on a friday, is waiting for a job which runs on a monday. CTM only cares that the option is the same ODAT=ODAT. But it doesn't warn if those two jobs will never meet in AJF/been scheduled with the same ODAT.