For the AD Sync make sure that the Track-It! Infrastructure Service is running as it handles scheduled jobs.
As to issue one, I have noticed this as well. It seems to happen most when using the Administrator account and or logged into System Administration. It is very frustrating and I do not have an answer on why it is happening. I believe you should put in a support case with BMC.
Just to extend on Rosemary’s comments.
Create a group (away from the built-in System Administration and Help Desk), assign Technicians to that group and log in with this group profile.
Are you now able to save once you‘ve applied your filters?
I was able to get the AD sync issue resolved with BMC tech support.
I did have a user that is in a group, not Sys Admin or Helpdesk, and he still couldn't save. Are you suggesting creating a new group altogether?
I just created a new group and tried to change a filter, still same issue. I also didn't mention before, but it locks up the system and you have to close and reopen to get out of it.
Hi Janna, hope all is well!
So I'm going to take a shot in the dark here... I sometimes see unexplained issues like this - especially after an update - resolved by clearing your cached images and files from your browser. Log out of Track-It! first, and restart your browser after clearing the cache, before logging back in.
Let me know how it goes,
@Janna I agree with Ken, or also try using a different web browser and see if you get the same experience.
Just to let you know where my head was at when I suggested trying to create a new group. When you create a new technician/group in Track-It! it creates a schema for them. The idea was to omit the built-in Administrator and the built-in groups that install with Track-It! in case there was a particular issue with the views tied to this.
From what I can see, this isn't the case. So definitely worth following Ken's advice.
You taught me well, I tried that prior to posting or making the Service ticket. The tech even tried incognito with no luck
Hmmm a tricky one indeed.
So to recap, we've cleared the cache of a web browser, tried a different web browser, tried incognito on a browser, created a separate group and I assume used a technician that isn't the "Administrator".
A few more questions:
- Is this happening to all technicians?
- Is this an issue that started with release 2 (release 1 was ok)?
- What was your first install of 20xx? (I'm curious if you started with 20.20.01 and applied on one update, or whether life started in 2019, or 18)?
- Did you migrate from 11.x or start with 20xx?
- Is this happening to all technicians? Yes, all techs, even new one
- Is this an issue that started with release 2 (release 1 was ok)? yes
- What was your first install of 20xx? (I'm curious if you started with 20.20.01 and applied on one update, or whether life started in 2019, or 18)? first upgrade was from 11.4 to 2019 and installed the patch for 20.20 and the .02
- Did you migrate from 11.x or start with 20xx? migrated
We recently identified a product defect DRZOZ-23443. Can you tell if these are steps you take to get the issue?
When making a modification to an existing custom view, the 'Save Current View' option is used, however these changes are not saved.
- Choose a default view of the Help Desk module
- Make some modification and save the changes using the 'Save Current View As' option
- Enter a name to view and click 'Save'
- Make some modification to the new custom view again and save changes using the 'Save Current View' option
- Select some other view and then return to the custom view or simply log out of the application and log in again
Same issue :-(
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hi Janna Horn, To ensure we can notify you when this issue is resolved, I'm going to have a support case opened on your behalf. You'll get a notification of it both being opened and closed. The reason for this is that once the case is linked to the defect record, the defect record serves as the point of further action. Most importantly, because the two are linked, we can notify you once a fix is released.
For anyone else who may have the same issue: please create a support case with text similar to the following:
"I'm experiencing issues similar to those described in defect DRZOZ-23443. Please link this case to that defect so I can be notified when it is resolved."
I had a case open but thank you for adding the details I am sure it will help :-)