1 of 1 people found this helpful
You can achieve this use case by following the below steps:
- Setup an email monitor adapter that will generate event whenever a new mail is received on the mailbox.
- Create a rule that trigger your workflow whenever that rule criteria is satisfied. You need to create a context at the start activity that will get you the mail details.
- Using the details from inputevent received in XML form you can use XPath to extract out relevant details you need to create an incident.
- At this point you can choose either to create incident using web service or Remedy Actor adapter.
Hope this provides you with a basic idea to achieve your use case. Let us know if you need any specific help.
I will try it out.
First thing first.. I have configured IMAP adapter on the grid. However whenever I am enabling it, to peer; its undergoing partially running status. Do you have any idea why this is happening?
Also,I would like to know once I configure the adapter how it will generate the event?
As I am working on IMAP for the first time, I am bit amateur on this area.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
When you enable IMAP Adapter on peer and if it shows partially running status, immediately check the grid.log on the same peer server.
You will see the exact errors for the failure.
Possibly network connectivity, SSL certificate etc.
how it will generate the event?
- Once the IMAP adapter is perfectly running on the Peer/GRID, every new email coming to the configured email account in adapter will raise a event to AO/TSO.
To see the event in grid.log you need to change the logging level of peer to 'DEBUG' for adapter component.
I checked the grid logs and this is what I could get, however unsure what does that mean. How you come across this error ever?
12 Dec 2019 15:21:57,165 [Thread=AMP - Grid Framework - Inbound Message Processor - 3920711] WARN TopologyParticipantProxiesManager Topology participant proxy with ID: [JmsPeerId urn:jxta:uuid-59616261646162614E504720503250336429A729B1044B4EBF58C646A0B947BC03]not found!!
This is not a relevant error. This means the peer was looking for another peer but could not find it. Usually this occurs when Development Studio is not connected to the grid.
Log into Grid Manager, go to Manage -> Peers -> Edit a peer configuration, and disable the IMAP adapter. Click "OK" until you are back on the Manage -> Peers screen to save your changes. Enable the IMAP adapter again and wait for it to enter a fault state. Check the grid.logs for errors that occurred after you started the adapter; look for errors that include the terms "adapter", "IMAP", or "mail".
Thanks for your assistance. I have tried the solution you have provided to check logs, however my grid.log is not getting updated with any event on the grid I am performing.
I tried changing configuration of the adapter to check if that gets reflected in logs, but no luck.
If the adapter is in a fault state, it is not running and it will not generate any events. We are not looking for an adapter event. We are looking for an error in the logs, usually with the text "ERROR" in it.
For more complete information, you can enable debug-level logging for adapters:
- Go to Manage -> Peers.
- Select the peer with the adapter and click the pencil icon to go to the "Edit a peer Configuration" screen.
- Click "Configure Logging".
- Change "Adapters" and "Adapter Framework" to "DEBUG".
- Click "OK", then click "OK".
- Debug logging for all adapters is now running. If you disable and re-enable the adapter, debug logging will appear in the peer's grid.log file. You do not need to restart the peer.
If you still see nothing about the IMAP adapter in the logs after this, either you have modified the logging configuration files such that the peer cannot write information or you are not actually enabling the adapter on a peer.
Just to Check, You changed logging level on HACDP and checking the grid.log on HACDP?
Is the Email adapter enabled on HACDP peer?
Also unless there are new emails in inbox of the mail account configured in mail adapter, there will be no events in grid.log.
Yes, I have checked HACDP grid log only and adapter is enabled on HACDP.
I have raised case with BMC team to analyse the issue.