Are you using Command Lines or API?
For now we are working with application integrator
Within Application Integrator, you have 2 ways to create a job type. Using the Command Lines provided by the 3 rd party application (Google cloud in this case) or an API provided by the 3rd party.
Google Cloud provides both Command Lines & API. So, which way are you trying in the application integrator?
We are trying through API
Okay. what exactly is missing?
In fact i am not able to use a token to login
I don't know how to configure it ...
I know how to use Application integrator my concern is to configure it to connect to Google Cloud platform
Were you able to get the response & retrieve the token from the response? Can you post a screenshot of what you have done?
No i didn't
It is on the pre-execution step but don't know how i can obtain the token
1 of 1 people found this helpful
What version of Control-M are you on? Google Cloud uses OAuth 2.0 to handle authentication and that will fail on lower than 22.214.171.124 (with code 401).
The workaround if you are on lower is given in this CAR -
which says -
- Disable Application Integrator's builtin OAuth integration
- Manually define the proper OAuth request to retrieve an authentication token in the pre-execution step, and store the token value to a run time parameter
- Consult the 3rd party application vendor documentation for the proper setting for OAuth request
- Ensure any parameters passed via the URL's query string is properly URL Encoded. For example, client_id=A+B should be client_id=A%2BB due to the + being mistaken for a space and converted to %20.
- Use the run time parameter containing the token in the authentication header in subsequent requests that require authentication.
However, to your original question, I have not used these methods previously but a variation on this is the kind of thing is what you should be looking for -
3 of 3 people found this helpful
Not quite sure which area you need help with. My solution will be to make use of refresh token to generate access token for your request since refresh token does not expire.
Define an AI job with 2 execution steps:
Step 1: Get access token
Get access token from response:
Step 2: Perform Google API request
Make use of the runtime parameter, ACCESS_TOKEN in header:
Hope this helps.