1 of 1 people found this helpful
What type of LDAP server? Some things to check -
- Does the WhenChanged field show correctly when you look at a record via the vendor form?
- If you use an LDAP browser such as LDP or JXplorer what is the date format and does it match the LDAP Date-Time Format setting on the LDAP config form? Configuring the ARDBC LDAP plug-in - Documentation for Remedy Action Request System 8.1 - BMC Documentation
- Enable debug logging for the plugin (Troubleshooting ARDBC LDAP plug-in issues - Documentation for Remedy Action Request System 8.1 - BMC Documentation ) and you'll be able to see the full ldap query used so you can verify what's being sent.
Thanks Mark. Very helpful.
I am not sure what do you mean by type of LDAP server...
* WhenChanged field has the regular dd/mm/YYYY hh:mm format via the vendor form. The same in the LDAP browser.
* Playing with ARDBC configuration form LDAP Date-Time format setting doesn't help.
* I will try to enable logging and see if I see anything. Nice suggestion, I was searching for this information how to enable LDAP debugging.
Active directory, OpenLDAP, etc.?
as Mark indicated, you need to set the LDAP plugin to the Microsoft AD compatible setting for date/time queries to work.
I am making progress.
There are a couple of things I've done:
1. I couldn't see any debugging entries for the ARSYS.ARDBC.LDAP plugin, even after enabling debugging per the instructions in the link that Mark provided. It turned out the plugin itself was disabled, so it strange how the vendor form worked without it. After enabling the plugin in pluginsvr_config.xml I started receiving debugging information in the arjavaplugin.log.
2. The LDAP browser showed that the format used by the whenChanged column was the Generalized Format, but my query didn't work, neither via the LDAP browser itself, nor via the vendor form. The debugging showed that AR was sending queries in the correct format. After configuring ARDBC LDAP form to use the AD Generalized Time and restarting the AR server (this is important), I finally started to receive non empty results via the vendor form.
So I am making progress, but not there yet. I found that the date time shown in the vendor form field about 10 seconds different from the value that the LDAP browser shows.
For example, I am looking at an entry via the vendor form. The whenChanged field shows 23/06/2019 12:30:50, but the LDAP browser shows 23/06/2019 12:31:03. Which means that if execute a query via the vendor form specifying the exact date/time I don't find anything.
For example, 'whenChanged' = "23/06/2019 12:30:50" doesn't find anything, meaning I can't count on the date/time provided by the AR system.
What can be the problem?