I have installed TrueSight Operations Management and have moved on to begin configuration on all components. Unfortunately I can't seem to get Patrol agent talking back to my Presentation server for the life of me...
Some information about our deployment:
- All in our dev vSphere environment (FQDN: vspheredev.company.ca)
- All VMs on same domain and subnet
- I have already imported the basic and extended repositories into the presentation server
- I have already integrated RSSO with all components
- I have already added TSIM as a component of TSPS
- Following components and their hostnames:
- Single Sign On - rsso.company.ca
- Presentation Server - tsps.company.ca
- Infrastructure Server - tsim.company.ca
- IT Data Analytics - itda.company.ca
- Entuity - entuity.company.ca
I seem to be having trouble getting the devices we want to monitor into the presentation server. My understanding is to edit the monitoring policies, create a deployable package, deploy the package onto a networked machine, and the data should automatically start streaming through the infrastructure server to the presentation server. I must be configuring something incorrectly because after I install a package onto a machine I'm still not seeing any data.
Here is an example of one of my intended goals and the procedures I am using to achieve them:
Example # 1
Goal: Monitor a vSphere instance running on a windows server and all the VMs that run on it
- Configure a monitoring policy
- Configuration -> Infrastructure Policies
- Create Monitoring Policy
- Name: vSphere_Test_Policy
- Agent Selection Criteria: Agent Host Name = vspheredev.company.ca
- Add Monitoring Configuration
- Monitoring Solution: VMware vSphere
- vCenter/ESX server Details: Host Name: vspheredev.company.ca, port, and vCenter Credentials
- Save & Enable
- Create a deployable package
- Administration -> Repository
- Create Deployable Package
- Select base OS and platform architecture vSphere sits on, in this case Windows x64
- Select solution packages, in this case JRE Windows, vSphere, and a windows Patrol agent.
- Set configuration details such as paths for installation, etc.
- Set Patrol account details, here I leave it all blank to use the "system" account. Is this correct?
- Set agent port #, I leave this as it defaults to tcp:tsim.company.ca:3183. Is this correct?
- Provide the Infrastructure Management integration configuration, since we do not have Central Monitoring Administration console I ignore the tag section, do I fill in the Integration Services variable field? If so, I have been entering tsim.company.ca:12124. Is this correct?
- Provide cell configuration details. I've been leaving this blank, and the encryption key defaults to mc I leave it like that. Is this correct?
- I enable the option to automatically add firewall exceptions and start agent on installation.
- Save package.
- Download and Install package on my Windows vSphere VM.
- Profit - Except its not working! Install logs reveal no errors, yet patrol agent is not talking back to my presentation server, and if it is then I don't know how to get that data.
I have tried going through the BMC documentation as well as watching the videos on YouTube, but I'm not sure where I am going wrong. Can anyone help me out with this please? Thanks in advance!