thanks for your reply. but how can i know if it's web service ? and how to get the WSDL file ? we only got the url like this :
and we need to input the parameter 'fit' and get the return value into remedy form. thank you in advanced !
well first thing i would suggest you should get more information from source team who are providing you with details.
1. What kind of URL is this, a web service (if yes what type of operations, user access to get this data) or its not a WS and something else ? once they confirm then only you can proceed further, how to use it in remedy whether we can or can not use it. because to get results back we generally use WS/store proc/sql query now its up to us how we use them as per the need. but passing value to a URL and getting result back i am not sure whether we can do this or not let experts suggest in this
2. What value or qualification you need to pass to get the required result?
3. What are the fields at source side that will be returned to remedy?
4. What you want to do with the data?
are you going to use it somewhere in remedy like workflow etc.? or it will be just for display only purpose where in you want to see some value in a record in other system and you are doing it in remedy because you don't want your users to manually open another system url and then search for the respective record instead you are doing it in remedy with one click
hi, I just talked to the source team ,and he said it's not a web service but a API like restful API. thus , i think i need to look for another way.
2. i need to pass the parameter GID to get the result which the gid exist in remedy form.
3.they will return the value 'Existed' or 'Not Existsted'.
4.user want to display the returned value in remedy form once they click the button to get the value.....
and now i am more confused....
Sharvan, thank you so much !