Surveys were designed in such as way that they do not require a login from the Client (whether the Client is a "User" or "Contact"). I just tested this to confirm.
Things to potentially check:
- Insure the link to your Survey is updated with your "Site" (aka Self Service) URL. You'll have to modify the Email Communication Template HTML.
- Ensure that the Site Public Access Settings you have granted Read, Create, and Edit to the Survey object.
Thanks, Virginia. I changed it and it appears to work as expected.
For anyone who is having issues, below is what worked. Make sure you use "HTTP" and NOT "HTTPS"