the rules will not discover a new device. It will work like this:
1) Your discovery tool (like ADDM finds the new device)
2) Device import task in BNA adds the new device to BNA
3) When a new device is backed up BNA verifies the compliance with assigned rule set
4) Your assigned ruleset has all the default rules like security , Banners, etc.
5) BNA can make the device compliant with the rules via manual or auto-remediation.
Your are absolutely spot on, that's how i thought new device will be added in the BNA through discovery.
But the statement from documentation "Provision new devices based on a set of rules" sort of misleading. It should be such as Automatic provision of Compliance rules once a device added in BNA, isn't it?
Thanks & Regards,
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I personally don't see the confusion. I says new device provisioning. It doesn't say new device discovery.
However if you read it a different way then please comment on the wiki. The document team will see your comment and update accordingly.
Thanks Smitty. May be i read it differently.