1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. Wanting to know whether anyone has created a Network ETL to pull in Network Performance/Capacity data into a Network ETL and we are interested in knowing what Network data they pulled into the Network ETL?
There are 2 out-of-the box ETL that are part of TSCO for Network Plus License:
- Integration for Entuity: Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization - Entuity - BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.7 - BMC Documen…
- Integration for HP NNMi: Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization - HP NNMi - BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.7 - BMC Documen…
- Not sure which one of those tools are you using for monitoring Network performances. In addition to the out-of-the box integrations above there are also some free extensions available on the Marketplace you could use as starting point: BMC Marketplace
2. Interested to know whether they utilized an OOTB Network ETL or whether the Network RTL had to be customized?
Community members can provide their experience in this space. I believe both cases are common for our customers in Net Capacity Mgmt space.
3. Interested in knowing whether there a OOTB Network Views within the Truesight Capacity Optimization Presentation Server available? The Network view has been migrated to TS Console in v10.7 of TSCO. I suggest
The Network view has been migrated to TS Console in v10.7 of TSCO. I suggest to register to get access to our Trial to check how it looks like.
Click here to sign up for a free 30 days trial today! Additional details about the Free Trial at Get your hands-on TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.7 .
4. Interested if there are any Network ETL Metrics list available . You can check metrics available for specific ETLs within the links above. To check the full list of metrics and dataset available in our product rely on the instructions at Viewing datasets and metrics by dataset and ETL module - BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.7 - BMC Documentation
5. Interested in any references or links of sample Network Performance and Network Capacity reporting. The best option here is the Trial.
- Thanks for your most helpful responses.
- Just checked with our Network AVP and he does not believe we are using Entuity or HP or HP NNMI.
- Apparently TJX is using SNMP Polling to extract Network Metric with CA-eHealth Tool. TJX is upgrading up-to a new CA-Performance Manager tool that apparently will report on Network. I have asked exactly what Network Performance/Capacity metrics are they polling with SNMP traps.
- Question - Do we have a BMC Capacity Optimization Network ETL that can read Network data directly from both CA-eHealth and CA-Performance Manager?
- I sincerely appreciate your help as always.
Cell (508) 231-6887
specifically around points #1 and 2, please take a look at this deck: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxLqhKE-wYgKZjRocnJJMy1rUU0
Hopefully, it will provide you good foundational knowledge about what we generally recommend to Customers interested in developing a successful practice around Capacity Management.
Please, don't hesitate to get in touch with me should you need any further detail.
1. Thanks for sharing.
2. I reviewed and really liked the Network Capacity Management presentation from Moviri.
3. In particular I like slide 8 that provided good examples of KPIs, Trending, automated forecasting and automated reporting/graphing capabilities.
4. Slide 10 was really interesting “Characterization of Bandwidth Use” with great examples.
5. And Slide 12 “Residual Capacity Estimation using Business Data” was tremendous in “correlating business with bandwidth and identify service demand”, “Extrapolate – How many customers can I support with different bandwidth” and “Identify network segments that need upgrades to support business growth and prepare a business aware capacity plan”.
6. My sincerest thanks very helpful and most insightful.
Cell (508) 231-6887
Fully agree, Kevin. Very useful presentation shared by Andrea, indeed.
It reminds me of an older webinar Moviri provided as part of the Best Practices Webinar series.
Although the UI looks much nicer today, analyses & seasonality, forecasting & saturation prediction, extrapolation with business drivers are the analytical capabilities in Capacity Optimization.
Presentation and recording is shared in document Network Capacity Management with BCO and BCO add-ons provided by Moviri .
Hope this helps,
here's also a pointer to a recording of a webinar focused on Network Capacity Management Moviri delivered on July,2016.
I think it is also useful for you:Recorded Webinar | Moviri – It's all about performance