6 of 6 people found this helpful
this is a great suggestion and will be of benefit to many of our customers. Please share your experiences as you move forward.
As a starting point, these are some high level steps that the Smart Reporting developers shared with me when I asked them how to migrate reports from Analytics to Smart Reporting:
- Point Analytics and Smart Reporting to same AR Server/Database
- Select a module e.g. Incident Management and list down(Take screenshot of or use the PDF/Word doc) all tables present in the existing Incident Management View of Smart Reporting
- Open a Analytics report you wish to create into Smart Reporting
a.List down all objects, tables and corresponding joins used into data matrix from the reports SQL
b.List down filter conditions used into the report
4. Make sure, all tables used in the Analytics report are present in the Incident Management view or Smart Reporting. If a table is missing then create a new custom view and add the missing table into the view and join it with same join condition present in the Analytics reports SQL.
5. Add the missing fields into the custom view
6. Create the report into Smart Reporting
7. Refresh both reports and do data validation based on their results
OnDemand Business Relationship Manager
PS. This post might also be of value: Remedy to Smart Reporting field mapping guide