Looks like you got this one first Ken!!
This did not work. Any other suggestions?
Depending on the size of the database, and the environment that Track-It! runs in, it could take anywhere from 10 minutes to a few days to Rebuild the Search Indexes.
As long as the .idx files are growing in size in the SearchData folder, and the CurrentlyFullIndexing lock file exists, the process is still running.
Can you check the SearchData folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\Track-It!\Track-It! Services\SearchData?
Below is what our team found:
It looks like the .idx files are not growing and the lock file does exist. This screencap is from 4/28/17 but
none of the files have been modified since 4/11/17. That was the date when
TrackIT was upgraded to SP1.
Is this a known issue with SP1 upgrade or is there a way to rebuild the
Peggy try this
- Stop the Track-It! Service Management service.
- Open the following directory (default):
Track-It! 11.x new
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Track-It!\Track-It! Services\SearchData
- Delete all files and folders in the directory if any exist.
- Restart the Track-It! Service Management service.
- When the indexing starts you should see a "CurrentlyFullIndexing.lock" file in the directory.
- Once this entire process completes, all of the search indexes will be recreated.
If you don't see the "CurrentlyFullIndexing.lock" then there could be a different problem and you will need to contact support team to have a look.