Has anyone endeavored to attempt to deploy custom patterns or BMC TKUs using a ci/automation tool like Jenkins?
I am contemplating the idea of creating a workflow to help me more effectively manage our (custom) patterns and was curious if anyone else had already started down a similar path as well.
Briefly, I am considering a flow similar to the following:
1. Create or update pattern
2. Commit pattern into development branch of code repository
3. Web hook notifies Jenkins of a new dev-branch artifact
4. Jenkins pushes pattern to development Discovery appliance via API
5. Jenkins monitors status of knowledge upload via API (success/failure/errors affect final status of Jenkins job)
1. Merge development branch with master/production branch of code repository
2. Web hook notifies Jenkins of new master merge
3. Jenkins pushes pattern(s) to test Discovery appliance via API
4. Jenkins monitors status of knowledge upload via API (success/failure/errors affect final status of Jenkins job)
5. If step 4 is successful, steps 3 and 4 are repeated for production appliances
Even if you haven't attempted something similar, if you have comments or thoughts you'd like to share, please do!