sorry the above has been submited incomplete.
In the filter log only up to the <services> tag is mapped and the rest is ignored inside the filer log.
/* Tue Nov 15 2016 18:26:43.0360 */ <Filter Level:0 Number Of Filters:1> Checking "WH:EMA:filter__3" (501)
--> Passed -- perform actions
Web service will be called!!!!
1: Set Fields
r_flags (536870922) = XXXvalue
r_enumZoneId (536870927) = YYYvalue
Web service called!!!! !!! 85c195e085c195e0000000001479227086315
Thanks in Advance
during response the output mapping elements holding value in the logs ? but in the form it doesn't get stored?
or during response in the arjavaplugin log you dont see the fields/attributes/elements at at first of all?
when you access the wsdl in a browser do you see all the field mapping definition? may be through a SOAP UI client did you try to access the wsdl first and see if everything works as expected?
hello ashwanth and thank for the reply.
well the web service has been tested using soap UI and it works fine.
In the set fields web service response i map several form fields. After the web service is called the xml response can be found inside the log file.
But only the top level elements are mapped to form values. For example the "publicId" and the "concurrency-control" are mapped corently(see xml above).
When elements are nested deeper, the filter is not mapping the fields. for example the "area-code" which are 2 level down the previous elements.
may be it is a limitation ...but one basic question before we conclude is that the fields in your form are not display only right?
hello ashwanth i have only used normal character and integer data filelds in my form.
are you aware of such limitation in depth of nesting xml elements in web service reply?
if this is the case i suppose i m not the only one has ever come through this.
anyone has faced the same issue?
BTW i am on version 8.1
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Formatting for a slightly easier read
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
MORE FIELDS HERE
I see nothing wrong with the structure....and I'm not familiar with any 'limit' to the depth.
Are you saying that you have the field mapped in the Filter, and the response is returning the elements that you have your fields mapped to, but the values don't show up in the record that's returned?
Can you provide a screen shot of the filter?
So as you may see below, i have created the filter to execute on the form modify.
Please find also the form below.
when i click on the save button no values are populated on my form.
Then i go to check the plugin log file, where the response of the web service can be found.
See the below.
Thanks , Giorgos
the elements that is under services in the output mapping is not mapped to any of the form fields? right hand side it should have some form fields mapped..isn't it? why it is blank?
like public id element is mapped to public id field of your form
likewise element under services should be mapped to some fields of your form in the output mapping right?
hello again, thanx for you response. please find coments inline
"the elements that is under services in the output mapping is not mapped to any of the form fields? right hand side it should have some form fields mapped..isn't it? why it is blank?"
services contain different optional elements which most of the time they are not present in the response. Afterall if for example a web service returns 10 elements but we are only intrested for 1 of them, do we need to map them to 10 form fields?
"like public id element is mapped to public id field of your form"
it is mapped but the form's public id doesnt even get a value, but it is still emtpy. how this is possible?
This is my actual problem
hello again, is there any other log i can search for details of what has gone wrong during the mapping of web service to form fields?
Are there some kind of run-time validations happening behind the scenes (when the web service response received by the java plug-in), so at this stage something might fails and it won't proceed with fields mapping?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hello to everyone,
i finally find out what happened.
i was given a wsdl where the output field names (xml elements) were not correctly "capitalized" (i.e area-code instead of Area-Code).
Wonderful! Thank you for updating the thread with the resolution.
I understand that the developer studio is meant to be friendly and help people do things quickly without any programming background.
But correct me if i m wrong, we get too little info of what is happening in the background when :
- we click the "Reload" wsdl file.
- when response has arrived in plugin.
Maybe if we could figure out what is happening behind the scenes that could save us also a lot of debugging effort.
Thanks a lot, Giorgos